Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

East Surrey Hospital - Any reviews of care during pregancy and birth please

(4 Posts)
Newtobecomingamum Mon 25-May-15 16:40:44

Hi,

Please can you share any experiences thanks x

CultureSucksDownWords Mon 25-May-15 17:40:58

I had my DS there 3 yrs ago, so not that recently. I found it was ok, whilst in labour in the delivery room. The post natal ward, I did not like at all. Noisy, busy, hot, visitors not abiding by the rules, toilets/showers were not very clean, it was just horrible. I then had a private side room (still used the shared toilets/showers) for the remainder of my stay which was marginally better. I couldn't wait to get out of the post natal ward.

I could not fault the SCBU where my DS was to begin with, and the HDU where I was initially was ok too. Also the transitional care ward was alright as well.

Since I was there, they've upgraded the midwife-led section which was already nicer than the main delivery suite. Friends who have used there have said it's nice.

littleomar Mon 25-May-15 17:47:39

Pregnancy care (consultant led - twins) chaotic - individuals were all fine but no communication between depts or flexibility, which meant I ended up sometimes having to go there several times a week towards the end.

Birth - great, everyone very professional and knowledgable, listened to me, breastfeeding support excellent. Postnatal ward was clean when I was there. Noisy but I managed to get some sleep.

littleomar Mon 25-May-15 17:48:51

This was 18 months ago

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now