Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just fainted do I need to do anything?

(10 Posts)
Wishful80smontage Mon 25-May-15 13:34:50

Just fainted outside morrisons- my partner was there so got me to the car and brought me home.
I'm 11 weeks- do I need to be checked today or is this usual?

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Mon 25-May-15 13:39:50

It's probably a drop in blood pressure. Could you be dehydrated?

I definitely think it's worth going to gp and having blood pressure checked out though.

Steph1502 Mon 25-May-15 13:56:14

I would definitely just phone nhs 24 or early pregnancy assessment. Better safe than sorry. Likelihood is you are fine but for peace of mind give them a call hope you are ok x

Skiptonlass Mon 25-May-15 14:42:13

Definitely call your midwife.

Did you hit your head at all? How long were you out for? If you were unconscious for more than a few Seconds or you whacked your head, it's best to get checked out by a doctor.

Dizziness and fainting is pretty common, your blood pressure can get very low in early pregnancy. You're probably fine but it's worth having a check just to rule out anything else. X

AbbeyRoadCrossing Mon 25-May-15 14:44:31

It's probably worth getting checked, have you had your blood tests yet? I used to get this with my 1st due to low iron levels, or it could be something else

Hobby2014 Mon 25-May-15 14:47:26

I'd call 111 / phone your midwife definitely. Just to be on the safe side.

GlitzAndGigglesx Mon 25-May-15 15:12:19

Is your health generally good? I fainted twice with my first both times before 16 weeks and this was due to low blood sugar levels so I'm much more on top of things this time around

Wishful80smontage Mon 25-May-15 17:29:35

Thanks all spoke to pregnancy assessment am going to go see GP Tomo they said if I still felt unwell go out of hours if not go Drs Tomo. Felt better after I'd had something to eat and sat down a while

Mayvis Mon 25-May-15 17:33:37

Do you know your blood type?

I fainted in pregnancy and needed to have an anti d injection because I have rhesus negative blood.

flippyflapper Mon 25-May-15 19:19:13

I fainted in all my pregnancies all around the same weeks as you. Never found out why as everything was normal.

I definetly found standing for too long or not drinking or eating enough made feel like I was going to go.

Don't let your self get too hot , try to avoid standing too long or walking to far and if you feel dizzy avoid baths and standing near stairs etc ( this is what my doctor said)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now