Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please help 19 days late

(6 Posts)
Staceyaa Mon 25-May-15 12:46:30

I am now 19 days late, I have done 2 tests one when I was around 9 days late and one when I was 14 days late both negative, since I have been 4 days late I have been having period pains so I was sure I was going to come on, but still haven't, anybody else gone through this?

JellyNotJustBelly Mon 25-May-15 19:43:54

Hi Stacey
I haven't been through it to the extent of 19 days but I'm 7 days late and similar to yourself have had mild cramps that don't turn into anything. I've done 3 tests, all negative, my boobs are also larger and sore. I'm completely flummoxed as to what's going on. I wasn't trying to conceive but I'm pretty sure we had a failure of condom so I was already a little anxious about my period arriving and now it hasn't!
Were you guys trying? What's your age? I only ask because something like this happened to me in my twenties when I came off the pill, only I never thought I was pregnant at that time (and I wasn't either, it was just the hormones settling down after stopping the pill) but I feel a bit similar to my other pregnancies this time (but just with negative test results). Sorry to be no help, perhaps if you take another test and if that's still negative, see your doc for advice?

Staceyaa Mon 25-May-15 22:45:48

Hi there thank you for your reply glad am not only one I keep thinking something is wrong, yes we been trying for abit now I am 25, I don't feel pregnant but I just don't understand why I am so late but had period pains aswell, I think I will give it an other week and take a test again, I just hate the waiting lol! Have you not been for bloods either ?

JellyNotJustBelly Tue 26-May-15 10:04:09

I think I will do the same, the waiting to know is driving me to distraction. I've not been for bloods, not sure what the doc advises on that, TBH. Hope it works out ok for you, let me know how things go.

Cherryblossomsinspring Tue 26-May-15 10:29:59

If you are getting negative tests it's unlikely you are pregnant. I've twice in recent yrs had a completely skipped period, nothing ever came! Then the next month back to normal. I was on the pill and had messed it up a bit so that threw my cycle out.

Staceyaa Tue 26-May-15 10:51:28

Going to go to the doctors this week, see if I can have bloods done, I have never missed a period though and never been on the pill either, I will keep you posted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now