Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sold in America and can't get else where

(13 Posts)
Onemilliongal Mon 25-May-15 09:58:52

Hello , iam 26 weeks pregnant what baby essentials would you recommend I buy from my trip to America that I can not get in England or that I would be better off buying there

TIA

LeBoob Mon 25-May-15 10:08:08

If your considering cloth nappies they are much cheaper over there! Also aiden and anais muslins. But both you can get over here anyway

Hophop987 Mon 25-May-15 10:46:48

If you are thinking of babywearing some slings/wraps are slightly cheaper in US, you can also look for some clothes at Carters as they are cheap and nice

MrsAnxiety1 Mon 25-May-15 15:26:50

I've heard excellent things about Aveeno baby products, like bath wash and moisturiser that they don't sell over here - or rather, they do, but at hugely inflated prices online!

AngusAndElspethsThistleWhistle Mon 25-May-15 15:50:32

You can buy a spray called Dermoplast (I think) in a blue can in a pharmacy like CVS or Duane Reade. You spray it on a maternity pad and apply it to stitches (if you have one). Such sweet relief.

HazleNutt Mon 25-May-15 18:26:31

Not baby stuff but Pea in the Pod maternity clothes are great.

weeblueberry Mon 25-May-15 19:17:30

There's a nappy cream sold there called Anti Monkey Butt. It's fab and we always stock up smile

Onemilliongal Wed 27-May-15 13:22:22

Thanks ladies , I have written my list now

CityDweller Wed 27-May-15 19:47:59

Osh-Kosh dungarees are cheaper there. Target sells them, as well as Carters baby clothes (inc. really handy zip-up sleep suits)

My favourite skinny maternity jeans are from Old Navy.

24hourM0MMY Thu 28-May-15 02:17:59

Second the Aveeno products. I personally like the baby cream and lavender baby bath. Carters clothing also is really good, especially baby grows and vests, pyjamas. On the flipside, there are a lot of things you get in the UK that are not available over there!

scarednoob Thu 28-May-15 07:22:56

Another vote for aveeno - but ladies, you can get it cheaply in the uk if you have a costco card, my friend stocks up there!

chickenschicken Fri 29-May-15 21:05:25

Strapless nursing vest that clips to a nursing bra, no faff with extra straps, bra and vest down in one go.

Kasey86 Fri 29-May-15 21:15:37

Dermoplast for sure, it is amazing! I'd probably stock up on baby clothes that you can't get over here or are cheaper there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now