Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling nervous about 6 week scan... anyone else taken these tablets?

(12 Posts)
AmiL123 Sun 24-May-15 07:16:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ovumahead Sun 24-May-15 09:47:43

It's normal to worry and panic! I haven't taken those tablets so can't offer any specific advice about that. But your scan was very early so heartbeat likely wouldn't have been detected then. There's really not an awful lot you can do, worrying is natural but won't change the outcome unfortunately - mother nature is a powerful beast... Pregnancy is such a weird time where you literally have to surrender control. It's unnerving. Best of luck to you, I hope the baby is fine.

Holden10 Sun 24-May-15 10:04:32

I'm not a medic but I think those tablets are just progesterone based. Progesterone is the hormone that helps maintain a pregnancy so I think you will be ok

BadgerFace Sun 24-May-15 10:05:33

I haven't used Norithisterone personally but having just looked it up it seems it is a progesterone hormone and what I do know is that lots of ladies are prescribed progesterone during fertility treatment for lots of different reasons so please don't worry. During my first IVF cycle I took progesterone from a few days before embryo transfer right up to week 12 of the pregnancy. Progesterone is also used prior to pregnancy for other fertility issues I believe so I can't see that it should be an issue for you.

As ova said it's normal to worry and panic! And I echo her point about it often being too early to have a heartbeat on early scans. With DD I didn't really believe I would end up with a baby until she actually arrived! Sometimes it's a self-preservation issue.

Miracles can happen - we have been trying for No. 2 since last May. We had a failed IVF cycle in March. We tried naturally in April as the clinic couldn't do our next cycle until May and on the day of our follow up consultation at the IVF clinic I found out I was pregnant... We had a scan at about 6 weeks and no heartbeat so they asked us to go back a week later. This Friday the heartbeat was there!!

I really hope you see your little heartbeat on Tuesday. Be warned it can take them a while to find it as the embryo is so small (I thought it was game over as it took so long. It was probably only 5 minutes in real life!). I know it's hard but try and stay positive in the meantime... smile

willitbe Sun 24-May-15 10:11:06

Hi and congratulations on your pregnancy.

Borer historian is a progesterone and will. Not have harmed your baby. Progesterone is used by some women to support their pregnancies, the greAtest danger was in stopping it if your own natural progesterone levels were not high enough to support the pregnancy, but you did not bleed and miscarry. So there should not be any reason to worry over the med's!

Having said that, it is natural to worry during pregnancy and beyond! No matter how much a pregnancy is wanted, the hormones affect most women and make them feel out of control of what is happening, this is completely normal!!!

I hope that your next scan is reassuring (early scans are not always!), it would be wonderful if you could see the heartbeat and all.

YouMakeMyHeartSmile Sun 24-May-15 10:14:36

Exactly the same thing happened to one of my best friends, she started taking the norithisterone to force a bleed and found out she was pregnant while taking them. Her DS is now 2.5 and she is pregnant with number 2 smile

ovumahead Sun 24-May-15 10:14:41

Also I had a scan at 8 weeks and they couldn't find a heartbeat until they did a transvaginal scan (wand up the foof) then there is was. Did they do this with you?

willitbe Sun 24-May-15 10:19:38

Sorry about posting before changing the autocorrect.

Borer historian was norethisterone!
And sorry about the full stops and capital letters appearing randomly too !!!!

AmiL123 Sun 24-May-15 10:24:24

AmiL123 Tue 26-May-15 18:32:45

BadgerFace Tue 26-May-15 18:48:10

Fab news!

willitbe Sun 31-May-15 22:38:50

Congratulations, and yes enjoy every minute of your pregnancy and baby!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now