Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

20 week scan Friday and just plain scared

(5 Posts)
NorahM Wed 20-May-15 12:54:00

I will be having my 20 week scan this coming Friday (the day after tomorrow at 20+1) and I'm frankly terrified. This is my third baby (the other two are 9 and 7) and I'm 35 years old. I just can't help but think that I'm pushing my luck with this baby after having two beautiful DC already, iykwim. sad I know a lot of women feel this way with their 20 week scan, but this is a new one for me. I was never worried with the previous ones, never thought something could be wrong. We had a short lived scare with DC2 which turned out to be nothing. Is it because I'm older now that I'm feeling this way? Baby is moving plenty since the last week and a half (albeit not today) so that's a good sign.

I think also hanging around on pregnancy forums is not helping since you end up reading things you didn't realize were even out there. Is anyone else having a scan tomorrow or Friday? Anyone else feeling this way? Any words of comfort? Thank you.

scarednoob Wed 20-May-15 13:01:34

I had mine on Monday and I was a nervous wreck. it is totally normal to feel like that, I think. just remember, to totally misquote the hunger games, the odds are ever in your favour that everything will be fine. fingers crossed!!

lauraa4 Wed 20-May-15 13:34:53

I had mine last week and was petrified! To the point where I convinced myself he wouldn't be ok. Turned out I was just stressing myself for no reason and actually really enjoyed the scan smile

Will you find out what your having or do you want it to be a surprise?

NorahM Wed 20-May-15 13:50:19

We already know it's a baby boy due to the fact I opted for the Harmony test when I was 10 weeks. That was all ok thankfully. But as you probably know, once you pass one hurdle, you imagine another 101 things that could go wrong or be wrong. Argh, my head hurts. I just can't wait for Friday to be over. Thank you for the sweet words.

MelB2014 Wed 20-May-15 14:43:45

I had my 20w scan yesterday and I was a nervous wreck before too! I was miserable all weekend as I was convinced something bad would flag up.

It was fine, baby is fine, and I feel much better today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now