Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Luton and dunstable versus lister hospital

(8 Posts)
Manisha77 Mon 18-May-15 05:43:27

Hi
Does anyone have any experience of Luton and dunstable or lister hospital? I am 3 weeks pregnant and trying decide which hospital I should have my baby at!

Foxeym Mon 18-May-15 12:24:08

Hi I had all 3DC at Lister, last one being 19 months ago in their new maternity wing. I had ELCS (as previous CS) and couldn't fault the care etc. I wouldn't even entertain L&D to be honest!

Manisha77 Thu 21-May-15 07:44:33

Thanks foxeym. The only reason I was considering L&D was due to them having a level 3 neonatal unit. I was thinking if there was a complication that it be better to be there. So confused!!!

PickingPoppies Thu 21-May-15 11:48:33

I had my twins at the L&D. They were very early & spent a long time in the NICU which is fantastic. We were booked in there anyway, just so happened that we needed the NICU for a lot longer than we expected. Many of my friends have delivered there too & speak highly of it. No experience of the Lister though so I can't directly compare!

CarrotPuff Thu 21-May-15 13:14:10

I had my DS in Lister and I thought it was quite good. I have nothing to compare it to though, but I would definitely have all further children there.

Manisha77 Sat 23-May-15 07:31:15

Thanks for the advice

rightsaidthread Sat 23-May-15 07:42:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ARightOldPickle Sat 23-May-15 08:03:46

DD had her first in Lister and was very happy with the delivery side of things, had her second in L&D and was happy with delivery suite there too. Baby needed special care for 48 hours and staff there were brilliant.
However, she found the postnatal wards pretty poor at both of them...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now