Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP! Anything i need to know?

(3 Posts)
Runningupthathill82 Sun 17-May-15 22:22:43

Absolutely over the moon as, after a few months of trying, got my BFP today.
I want to tell the world but won't be telling anyone aside from DH til after the first scan, which is going to be tough. Anyway!

Just wondering what I need to know. DS is two now - can I follow the same advice I followed when pg with him?
Or have the nhs changed their minds and decided rare steak, blue cheese and rioja are all fine?! (crosses fingers).

I did go on their website and couldn't see anything obvious, but any advice from someone pregnant and with a toddler would be good. Have the midwives changed the advice since 2012?!

Nottalotta Mon 18-May-15 04:44:06

I'm pregnant with #1 so not sure about advice changing but am sure my MW mentioned that advice in alcohol and caffeine had changed - i am limining caffeine as drank way too much pre pregnancy. And have cut all alcohol out (again, drank way too much!)

I was pleased to discover nuts were fine!

Congratulations btw!

rootypig Mon 18-May-15 04:55:42

I think rare steak, blue cheese and rioja have all always been fine, in moderation!

The main change I think has been the whooping cough vaccine - you should be offered it now.

Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now