Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

swollen fingers

(8 Posts)
RockerMummy184 Sun 17-May-15 17:21:24

My fingers have swelled up quite suddenly this afternoon. Not enough for DH to be able to see the difference, but I noticed it and my wedding ring is now stuck on, it usually slides off quite easily.
How swollen is usually a cause for concern? Surely if other people can't see the difference it is probably nothing, right?

changingagain Sun 17-May-15 17:30:39

If it's any reassurance, mine have swollen too. Also not enough to see but enough to get my rings stuck. I didn't think anything of it and just bought a little adapter thing so I could put them on my little finger instead. I think it's normal to get swollen hands and feet due to excess fluid in the body.

MSMB Sun 17-May-15 17:34:46

Mine have been a little swollen for a few weeks, only noticed because my rings are tight too. Think it's normal as long as the swelling isn't major/there's no other symptoms.

RockerMummy184 Sun 17-May-15 17:35:10

Oh that's reassuring. I have been getting monitored for the last 3 weeks for pre-eclampsia due to horrific headaches and protein in my urine so I was a bit worried when my fingers suddenly did this today.
I'll just mention it at my next consultant appointment. Thanks. :-)

applecore0317 Sun 17-May-15 17:35:19

If your face and feet also swell, you have headaches and or.blurred vision contact your triage.

I have had mild swelling on my fingers mainly on warmer days, but keep my rings off now just in case they get stuck and have to be cut off, happened to a friend

fattymcfatfat Sun 17-May-15 17:36:17

mine swell every time I'm pregnant.
I'm expecting number 3 and took my rings off in preparation at around 12 weeks as I knew they would get stuck and become uncomfortable. now at 30 week's I can't get them to the knuckle. blush

Foggymist Sun 17-May-15 20:57:51

Swollen fingers on their own wouldn't be bad, but if you are already being watched with protein and headaches they could absolutely be linked to pre eclampsia, so get checked now.

I had swollen fingers for month, but no protein, fine bp, etc. Then over the course of 3 days my previously only barely swollen feet ballooned, my bp had shot up and I had protein in urine, pre eclampsia had appeared in just a few days.

ARV1981 Sun 17-May-15 22:43:46

As others have said, get it checked out asap. May be nothing (fingers crossed) but please get it checked out.

Good luck xxx flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now