Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else gone off tea?

(35 Posts)
MammyPig89 Sun 17-May-15 11:12:03

Second pregnancy about 8 weeks and I can't stomach the thought of a cup of tea, I'm a big tea drinker and usually have at least 4 a day! Anyone else gone off tea? I really miss a nice hot cuppa first thing in the morning! I went off it in my first pregnancy but only in the mornings, now I can't face it all day! brewsad

mrsmugoo Sun 17-May-15 11:24:41

Yes I went off tea! A lot of people say they go off coffee but for me the thought of tea made me boak.

Dansak Sun 17-May-15 11:26:18

I think it was the milk bit that made me go off it. Don't worry tea liking comes back brew smile

Alwaysrushingaround Sun 17-May-15 11:30:10

Went off tea and coffee too! But back on the tea now yet I still can't stomach even the smell of coffee - strange as I used to start the day with a latte and I loved it!

Glindathegoodwitch Sun 17-May-15 11:31:32

I am 6 weeks in, maybe up to 8 cups a day, decaf since I have been ttc, but now the thought of it repulses me... I bloody miss my morning cuppa! But to be honest, I don't think anything tastes the same any more. All I want is oranges, raspberries and peas with butter on.

DramaAlpaca Sun 17-May-15 11:33:11

I didn't go off tea in my first two pregnancies, but I did in my third. I really missed it.

5madthings Sun 17-May-15 11:35:30

I went off tea in all my pregnancies, it was one of my first signs of pregnancy even before I got a bfp. The smell made me heave. But as soon as I gave birth I was fine and that first post birth cup of tea was bliss!

Lunastarfish Sun 17-May-15 11:36:55

Yes! I livlovee herbal teas, use to drink about 4 cups a day. Since a falling pregnant I've probably had 4 cups in 31 weeks

Letmegetanamechange Sun 17-May-15 11:41:47

Yep, I went off most hot drinks when I was pregnant hmm even the thought of them made me gag. Now I'm back together with my lovely coffee, although it did take a while!

Icimoi Sun 17-May-15 11:45:43

I went off tea, coffee, squash, and fizzy drinks. As I couldn't drink juices because the acid did dreadful things for my indigestion, that left me on water for 9 months sad

Steph1502 Sun 17-May-15 12:02:22

Yes! Even thinking of it right now is making me heave xx

OneLittleManOneInOven Sun 17-May-15 12:06:31

Yes! I Went off my beloved tea's from about 6 weeks until about 12/13. I'm now 17 and love my tea again smile

superbabysmummy Sun 17-May-15 12:26:49

Can totally relate to this! I miss tea too :-( This is my second pregnancy and I went off it first time round too. Sadly it didn't go away through the pregnancy either. Once DD was here though I made up for lost tea drinking time!

Gillian1980 Sun 17-May-15 13:33:46

I've gone off all hot drinks, it happened almost straight away. I still love anything coffee flavoured and in the last 2 weeks I've been craving iced coffee, but the thought of a hot drink still nauseates me.

I've been off chocolate too! No coffee and no chocolate was what gave it away to most people as in usually a fiend for both.

PregnantAndEngaged Sun 17-May-15 13:36:25

I went off anything hot until I think I was about 18 weeks, and then I've enjoyed tea since. Although now I'm 35 weeks I'm finding hot drinks make me nauseous again, but I'm not actually off drinking them strangely.

kinkytoes Sun 17-May-15 13:38:59

I did too. In a way it prepared me for what lay ahead. As I was ebf my ds, it meant I wasn't so addicted to the caffeine (which would have transferred to him and affected his sleep). I did enjoy the taste of tea again but mainly had decaf instead.

Could you drink fruit infusions as an alternative?

chopsface Sun 17-May-15 13:47:39

Went off my morning cuppa at around 6 weeks. Even decaf. I can't stomach water! I only feel like drinking juice and ginger beer. I can't imagine liking the things I used to like ever again! Lol!

mrsfazruns Sun 17-May-15 15:17:40

Big coffee addict here and still think I want one .... I make it and yuk!! Just can't drink it x

totallygone Mon 18-May-15 11:04:31

38 weeks now and not had a cup of tea since September sad I reckon it's a hormone thing. My mother and grandmother both went off tea after having their hysterectomies.

Can't wait for my first cuppa after baby is born. DP keeps saying he is going to bring a flask with us to the hospital!

ChatEnOeuf Mon 18-May-15 11:29:03

Yes, it made me sad

By 14w I could manage half a cup so long as it was very hot though.

avocadotoast Mon 18-May-15 11:31:43

I'm ok with tea but I've really struggled with coffee because it seems to trigger off my heartburn. I'm really hoping I get my coffee taste back after pregnancy - I miss strong black coffee so much!

alien11 Mon 18-May-15 11:32:00

Yup totally off tea since 6 weeks ish! Feels so odd.

jugglingmonkey Mon 18-May-15 11:39:25

Me! Mrsfaz I'm just the same, keep walking into costs for my daily coffee then the smell makes me run a mile. Had a decaf mocha over the weekend which was ok.

I miss a coffee in my hands on the train!

Trickytricky Mon 18-May-15 14:31:46

I went off tea from about week 5 to week 13. I'm drinking tea again now but decaf (now 19 weeks).

ByTheWishingWell Mon 18-May-15 14:34:41

I went off tea for most of my pregnancy, it suddenly started tasting really fishy. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now