Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is 13 weeks too early to feel movement?

(11 Posts)
24hourM0MMY Sun 17-May-15 02:44:29

This is baby number 2 and really think i feel the flutters but my mind is saying its just not probable. Anybody else feel movement this early?

Rockinghorse123 Sun 17-May-15 03:54:08

I'm 20 weeks with number 2 and im convinced I could feel tiny flutter from about 12/13 weeks. I definitely felt movement much sooner this time and I'm awake because baby is properly kicking which I didn't feel with ds until 24/25 week.

CuppaSarah Sun 17-May-15 06:41:39

I felt it very strongly from 14 weeks with my first, so 13 weeks with your second seems very possible. Are you carrying far out? I did with dd not sure if that was why I felt her so soon.

Nope. I felt DD move from 13 weeks. Like a little butterfly!

NeophyteStarfish Sun 17-May-15 08:41:11

Yes, me too. I know the books say later, even for a 2nd pregnancy, but I know this feeling! I spent a week telling myself it couldn't be but I've decided I don't care what the official line is, this is baby movement.

CuppaSarah might have something too - I'm getting really big already (but my dates are absolutely right, it's def not that I'm actually further on in the pg) so perhaps that's something to do with it.

I hope you're enjoying your pg (hard with older ones, isn't it?)

Luciferbox Sun 17-May-15 08:43:04

I felt DC2 from this stage. So it's possible.

Metalhead Sun 17-May-15 08:49:32

I felt the first flutters with DC1 around 14/15 weeks so I'm sure it's possible.

Steph1502 Sun 17-May-15 09:48:27

I'm 14+4 with DC4 and I swear I could feel little flutters now and again from 12 weeks. I only got my scan on Monday and when the sonographer was pressing into my tummy I felt it more, like baby was kicking against it. Sure enough my little one was wriggling around on the screen like nobody's business. It's definitely possible xx

Ficidy Sun 17-May-15 11:20:44

I'll be 12 weeks on Tuesday and I've definitely been feeling movement already!! I know it's very early, but this is also my second baby and I know what movement feels like. Seems a bit crazy that we'd be feeling it already, but it's definitely possible!

24hourM0MMY Sun 17-May-15 15:36:02

Gosh ok! It probably us the baby then! So amazing!

CaramellaDeVille Sun 17-May-15 15:36:55

Yes I felt the flutters for the first time at my 12 week scan. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now