Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

sudden, frequent nausea 35 weeks

(12 Posts)
hullabaloo234 Sat 16-May-15 08:24:47

I am 35+6 and for the last week or so I have suffered with several attacks of sudden debilitating nausea where all I want to do is lie still and close my eyes. I don't remember feeling like this with DD1, though she is almost 8 so perhaps I've just forgotten! Is it just related to all the braxton hicks I've been getting or should I mention it to the midwife when I see her next week?
Thank you in advance for your help! smile

differentnameforthis Sat 16-May-15 08:29:40

Get some medical advice, sudden nausea can be a sign of pre eclampsia

hullabaloo234 Sat 16-May-15 08:47:15

Oh no really?! As I've not had any headaches or swelling I figured it can't be. I guess I'd better give someone a ring then,though maybe I'll be as well to just wait til I see the MW on Tues as it's the weekend. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my message smile

differentnameforthis Sat 16-May-15 08:57:47

No worries...you don't have to have headaches too..mine started with sickness, then high BP & headaches.

Not everyone gets all the symptoms!

hullabaloo234 Sat 16-May-15 09:17:03

right, will give the maternity helpline a call to be on the safe side x

differentnameforthis Sat 16-May-15 09:19:59

It obviously might not be that, but at least you can rule it out. It's always better to catch these things quickly!

hullabaloo234 Sat 16-May-15 09:25:19

absolutely, better to be told it's nothing than risk leaving it and it developing if there is a problem smile

Foggymist Sat 16-May-15 11:21:23

I had no headaches or nausea with my pre eclampsia, I just had swelling as my only obvious symptom, I couldn't see the high bp and protein smile Hope you get sorted!

ALittleFaith Sat 16-May-15 11:23:30

It's worth being seen, it could be a UTI, they don't always present typically later in pregnancy.

differentnameforthis Mon 18-May-15 12:10:34

How you feeling hulla?

hullabaloo234 Mon 18-May-15 13:33:55

hello! still ever so nauseous, with sporadic vomiting and today I've developed upset stomach too so not brilliant bit not pre-eclampsia or infection etc so all good smile Thank you for asking

differentnameforthis Mon 18-May-15 14:40:27

So pleased to hear it isn't PE!! smile

I hope you feel better soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now