Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Body lotion to help with the tiger stripes

(14 Posts)
Evianbaby15 Thu 14-May-15 20:23:04

Pg with dc2. Have a few stretch marks from dc1 but hoping to not add any more to the existing ones!
What body lotion is best to use? Is it collagen or vit e that is best?
Btw I don't buy the bio oil or cocoa butter as they clearly didn't work last time!

BabyBNumberThree Thu 14-May-15 20:28:12

I used baby oil for my last 2 pregnancies and didn't get any marks. I'll keep an eye on this thread for any more tips :-)

Nottalotta Thu 14-May-15 20:53:39

I have scoured the internet and books on this. Conclusion is that nothing helps, its all genetic. If you're going to get them you will, regardless of lotions. Rubbish isn't it?

I am still smearing myself with stuff daily though, just in case.

Itsallaboutme3 Thu 14-May-15 20:58:16

I used bio oil throughout both of my pregnancies and only got very minor small marks the second time. I swear by it!

Sherylberyl Thu 14-May-15 21:03:35

Mama mio tummy butter is amazing and stopped me from getting any with 2 pregnancies & I have stretch marks on my legs from when I was a teenager!

Allthatnonsense Thu 14-May-15 21:35:34

Bio oil.

I'm on number 4 and haven't got any stretch marks.

MummyPiggy87 Thu 14-May-15 21:58:26

I used bio oil and another one a thick one I've forgotten the name of, neither worked I got them all over! They've faded massively now but as I'm pregnant again I have a feeling I'll get a few more !

pinkie87 Fri 15-May-15 08:14:54

Agree with nottalotta. Oils and lotions don't help with stretchmarks, but do help with itching as you get bigger. It's all genetics. Keep hydrated though as that may help a little.

LorryHen Fri 15-May-15 08:31:31

I use the lush belly bar, it's for pregnant women and whether stretch marks are genetic or not it still makes your skin feel lovely. A lot of people swear by it smile

Mangobubbles Fri 15-May-15 13:18:06

Apparently, according to mw, it doesn't matter what you use as it's the massaging the skin but that helps, but I have been using Burts Bees Belly Butter and daily baths with lots of baby oil in. She also recommended almond oil but I haven't tried it. I'm on pregnancy 3 and so far so good. Good luck!

Gunpowder Fri 15-May-15 13:36:52

Both pregnancies I've used almond oil (can buy from boots) with a couple of drops each of lavender, mandarin and neroli essential oil. Don't have any stretch marks, although that's probably just luck. Was nice to have a ritual though.

sianihedgehog Fri 15-May-15 14:27:30

Nothing will prevent the marks, it's genetic. Just pick something that smells and feels nice.

Number3cometome Fri 15-May-15 16:11:10

Nothing is proven to work, bio oil can help the recovery of scars after they occur, but if you are going to get stretch marks, you will get them regardless.

PacificDogwood Fri 15-May-15 16:12:42

Nothing makes a difference.
'Tis all genetic and luck of the draw.

Fwiw, never used anything and what stretch marks I have are all from my teens when I developed and was overweight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now