Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Very Sharp pains on one side

(10 Posts)
Newtothisandworried Thu 14-May-15 15:53:33

Hi, I'm really worried. By my reckoning, I'm 4-5 weeks pregnant with a positive test. The hospital have me as 6.5 weeks. I've had excruciating pains to my right side and they're investigating me for ectopic. I had scans (internal and external) and they could see a sac but it wasn't very well defined. There's no bleeding though. I had blood tests for hormones taken last night and need to go back tomorrow for another set of bloods. Has anyone else experienced this? I get the feeling that the hospital are expecting me to miscarry or for me to be having an ectopic.

lauraa4 Thu 14-May-15 17:32:32

Bless you it's all very scary when things like this happen.

Where did they say the sac was located? Normally if it's in your fallopian tube it's an ectopic but they should have still be able to see where it is.

I had quite bad pains very early on and only on one side and all was OK for me. I also had my bloods tested etc. Tomorrow they will check that your hormones have risen.

Sesh123 Thu 14-May-15 17:50:06

The same thing happened with me and it turns out everything was fine. The hospital thought i may be having an ectopic pregnancy as they couldn't really see much but i went back a few weeks later and found that everything was fine and there was a well defined sac. The reason they couldn't see it before was because it was too early for anything to have formed properly. Hopefully you wont have anything to worry about smile

Newtothisandworried Thu 14-May-15 18:10:22

Thank you both! Feel in limbo at the moment. The pain is severe when it happens but at the moment I'm absolutely fine. The sac was in my womb but they couldn't see an embryo. They tried to check both tubes but could only make one out clearly. The way the doctor was talking, it sounded as if there was no hope at all. They told me to take strong pain killers and call 999 if the pain increases or I bleed heavily. Really hope they're wrong.

lauraa4 Thu 14-May-15 20:53:20

Are you booked in for another scan or are they waiting for your blood results?

Newtothisandworried Thu 14-May-15 20:58:52

Going for second bloods tomorrow evening - not sure what else. Think they said they'd wait for the results so that's Sat morning at the earliest.

lauraa4 Thu 14-May-15 21:08:49

Yeah they will check your HCG levels have risen. As long as they have they will most likely book you in for a second scan to check progress. Fingers crossed! X

Newtothisandworried Thu 14-May-15 21:09:41

Thank you! x

lauraa4 Fri 15-May-15 09:12:54

Let me know how it goes today! X

Newtothisandworried Fri 15-May-15 19:00:11

Had blood test earlier and they've just called. My hCG levels have halved which is indicative of miscarriage. Doesn't seem real as I feel ok at the moment. He said it could have been worse if it were ectopic and they're going to try and rule that out 100% next week. Thanks for the support x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now