Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity pillow

(12 Posts)
ARV1981 Wed 13-May-15 09:25:18

Hi, my back is killing me. I'm only 22 weeks. I was wondering if a maternity pillow would be helpful? There seems to be a few on the market so I was wondering if anyone could give any feedback on what works...?

I have a history of lower back pain, but it's hurting higher up this time - just about where my ribs are. Is this a pregnancy thing or is it just me?

I have a go appointment booked this morning so will get the ball rolling for physio. I also see an osteopath regularly.

knittingirl Wed 13-May-15 09:30:39

I would say try it. I just, 22 weeks into my second pregnancy, finally went and bought one and am actually sleeping well for the first time in ages. The weight of my bump was twisting my back in the night and giving me awful backache, and the pillow just takes the pressure off.

You can do it with a few normal pillows - one under the bump, one between your legs etc, which is what I did last pregnancy, but to be honest the pregnancy pillow makes it so much easier to turn over in bed/ get in and out of bed as you don't have to rearrange so much padding each time!

I just bought the mothercare one, for £40, and am finding it great.

Sheepoverthemoon Wed 13-May-15 09:36:55

I have the dream genii and its perfect, it gives bump support, support and goes between knees and ankles for full support. its easy to move left and right and keeps me off my back/front. I was getting back pain. this pillow and yoga really helped. also you can you it for breastfeeding. good luck

Number3cometome Wed 13-May-15 09:44:09

I've got a Sanggol maternity pillow, OH bought it from me from Amazon (I done the free Amazon prime trial then cancelled to get free next day delivery)
It's massive and not cheap, but my gosh it has helped me so much!

This is my third DC and I wish I would have had one of these before.

I have terrible SPD and this thing is my saviour! I would highly recommend.

www.amazon.co.uk/Sanggol%C2%AE-Maternity-Pillow-REMOVABLE-COTTON/dp/B00LJR51AW

ARV1981 Wed 13-May-15 10:49:23

Thank you! I will definitely invest in one.

GP says it's most likely to be general aches and pains of pregnancy but could be shingles because of where the pain is. I'm not too worried because it's unlikely but eeek!

Charlibull Wed 13-May-15 22:51:09

I got a dream genii last weekend based on recommendations on here... Try T K Maxx as they have them for half price at £25

Fingers crossed it's not shingles for you!

Skeppers Thu 14-May-15 09:58:20

I got a huge u-shaped pillow (Comfort U) which is literally the most comfortable thing I have EVER purchased! It's like wrapping yourself up in a big, soft fluffy hug every night. My pain is in my hips, and I've found that I can use the pillow to wedge myself into a sort of half way between my back/side position comfortably which massively relieved the pressure on my hips. I'm so going to carry on using it once baby is born! It's not exactly conducive to marital relations, but I'm only planning on having one kid anyway, so....

IT'S SO SNUGGLY! grin

Number3cometome Thu 14-May-15 12:54:48

Skeppers

It can be very conducive to martial relations! grin

Rabbit15 Fri 15-May-15 17:33:02

I got the Theraline one from Amazon (£45) when I was only 13 wks as I knew I would need one for later anyway and it can also be used as nursing pillow. It is really good and helps me to sleep on my sides. my DH loves it too and sometimes he even steals it from me!

ARV1981 Fri 15-May-15 18:55:48

I got the Sanggol one in the end. It arrived yesterday. I had the best night's sleep in weeks last night. Thank you for the recommendations xxx

SmileItsSunny Fri 15-May-15 19:05:35

I got a long bolster pillow from lidl, 6 years ago. 3 DCs later I'm still sleeping with it every night, much to DH's annoyance!

Hippymama1 Sat 16-May-15 11:19:35

I got this one:

www.nctshop.co.uk/Theraline-Original-Maternity-and-Nursing-Pillow/productinfo/4146/

It's changed my life! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now