Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone pregnant after premature birth and want to go through this together?

(15 Posts)
AbbeyRoadCrossing Tue 12-May-15 15:05:08

I'm almost 16 weeks with DC2 after DS being both at 36 weeks due to placenta praevia.
I wondered if there's anyone else out there that would like to chat? As other pregnant women can't really understand (which is fine, and I hope they don't have to)
I've still not announced as I think I need to get my own head sorted first and I'd like the 20 week scan out of the way which was when my praevia was identified last time. Probably telling my parents this weekend though
If anyone else is out there, here's hoping we're all moaning about being overdue soon!

MummyPiggy87 Tue 12-May-15 16:55:11

Didn't want to read and run..
Good luck and I hope someone can relate to this and be of some support for you x

Riblet Tue 12-May-15 17:06:10

Hi there,

I had twins at 23 weeks back in February last year after spontaneous labour- sadly one of my boys passed away at 1 day old. My other son spent 5 months in neonatal care and is now a healthy (if small and slightly developmentally delayed) 15 month old. I'm now 11 weeks pregnant so am hesitant to really think too much about it at the moment as haven't even had a scan yet, although I've already told a few people when I probably shouldn't have!

I don't know a huge amount about placenta previa- do you know whether it is likely to happen again? Presumably you'll be monitored more? I was originally told I wouldn't get any extra monitoring unless I was expecting twins again but at booking in the midwife has referred me to a number of clinics - essential for keeping me sane throughout this I think!

Hope all is going well for you so far smile

OneLittleManOneInOven Tue 12-May-15 17:10:26

Hiya, also 16 weeks pregnant with my second and I too delivered my first at 36 weeks ( would have been induced at 37 because of obstrectic cholestasis) I know if you have OC once you are very likely to have it in future pregnancies so this one will probably be making an early appearance too x

willnotbetamed Tue 12-May-15 18:37:53

I delivered my first son at 32+3 because of incompetent cervix and my second after a very managed pregnancy at 36+4. I'm now almost 28 weeks with DC3 and my cervix is starting to show signs of shortening again - the next six weeks are going to pass agonizingly slowly. I hope I can avoid bed rest and steroids, but I will have to be lucky for that. The second time I was pregnant I was so envious of everyone I knew bouncing through normal pregnancies, looking huge almost at term, grumbling about being overdue, etc... This time I feel like I've made my peace with it and am just happy that nothing bad has happened yet. Good luck to all of us!

AbbeyRoadCrossing Wed 13-May-15 12:30:11

Hi all, wow I wasn't sure if I'd get any replies!

Riblet sorry for the loss of your son flowers

There doesn't seem to be a lot of information but I've been told placenta praevia isn't one that repeats, so my chances are about 5% which is the same for anyone with a previous c section. But then I've read other things that say other types of placenta problems have an increased risk. I'm lucky in that hopefully at 20 weeks I should know what's what. I'm consultant led this time as well although I don't see him/her until quite late in the pregnancy, which is f all use if I go in earlier!

missmillimentscardigan Wed 13-May-15 20:27:20

Hi all. I'm 22 weeks pregnant with DC2 after DS was delivered at 27 weeks due to placental insufficiency and iugr. So far, so good, but I'm feeling a bit nervous as time goes on. Am also consultant led and having scans every 4 weeks, so fingers crossed I can get to term and have a straightforward birth.

Thanks for starting the thread abbey and very sorry to hear of your loss riblet.

Good luck to all of us!

Coraltee123 Thu 14-May-15 10:49:43

I had my wee girl at 36+1smile unfortunately this pregnancy didn't work out but hopefully I'll be able to join this thread too! I do know that in my hospital your classes as high risk until you 37 weeks if you had a baby before then. Good luck everyone!! Xxx

geekymommy Thu 14-May-15 19:13:02

Don't know if this helps, but I was born 3-4 weeks early. Sometimes now they give premature babies caffeine IVs, I think I might still benefit from this wink

AbbeyRoadCrossing Thu 14-May-15 20:06:32

All the best with TTC Coral

I think I could do with one geeky even if it's decaf right now!

Hope everyone is doing well. I've got my midwife 16 week appt next week, this pregnancy seems to be flying by

Summerdaydreams Fri 15-May-15 09:28:28

Hi everyone. Dc2 was born at 27 weeks after continual aph from 19 weeks, cause being placenta previa. I had a pprom at 25 weeks. Dc now has cp so although thrilled am very nervous of another prem and a horrendous nicu stay.

I am currently 22 weeks and so far so good. Similar to pregnacy with dc1 who was born 2 weeks over. Hoping that is a good sign.

The care I am getting seems very thorough, I have had 2 cervical length scans, been started on progesterone pessarys, been swabed for bv ( which can trigger pprom), gtt test, and am being seen and scanned every 4 weeks.
My placenta again was on the lowish side but scan earlier this wek reveals it has already moved and is in the 'safe zone'.

All that said I feel ultra paranoid, every twinge I panic, but I just want to enjoy it. Not obsess about everything Iykwim.

abbey we didn't tell anyone until after our 20 week scan and even now that is only close family and friends.

Good luck ladies lets hope we get to that big enormous stage this time around. grin

Riblet Wed 20-May-15 18:16:55

Thanks for your kind words ladies. I had my 12 week scan today and was relieved to see a healthy baby- just one this time. Felt a bit weird as it brought back all the memories of last time, but trying not to get too anxious about it.

Hope everyone else is doing ok smile

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Thu 21-May-15 17:23:31

If it's any help my first was born at exactly 36 weeks (no reason she was just ready) and my second was two weeks late. So it doesn't always follow that the next will also be early.
Be interesting to know what number 3 will do! Early or late?

AbbeyRoadCrossing Thu 21-May-15 18:26:21

Hope everyone is doing well? Good news on the scan Riblet and glad they're looking after you summer
How far along are you Sharon?

I'm 17 weeks now, told my parents and they didn't say anything and have totally avoided the subject since. Not sure if that's worries about me, shock at small age gap or what, oh well. Telling DHs parents tomorrow.
The midwife didn't do anything much at my 16 week appointment and was a bit of an arse about me wanting an elcs this time. I'll see what the consultant says.
Still all good so far, counting down to 20 week scan

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Thu 21-May-15 18:32:12

I'm only 10 weeks this time around

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now