Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

is this a pregnancy thing or a trapped wind thing?

(14 Posts)
gingerbreadmam Tue 12-May-15 08:08:58

i am almost 17 (or almost 18wks) gone and yesterday just developed this sudden uncomfortableness in my tummy.

it almost feels a bit like trapped wind but uncomfortable rather than painful. is this a pregnancy thing? had a bump for a while but must admit today seems to be the first day where is 100% obvious its baby.

ive been to loo a couple of times since which is making me think its not trapped wind but will have a peppermint tea today anyway just to see if that helps grin

RhiannonElward Tue 12-May-15 09:01:43

I'm in the same boat, only it's quite painful. I don't know whether to go to the doctor or not. I'm 18+1, going to get the Rennie's out and see if anything improves today, if not I think I'll go to my GP tomorrow for a check over.

gingerbreadmam Tue 12-May-15 09:15:17

ahhh glad someone is in the same boat, sorry you're finding it painful.

im half assuming its just my insides making way for baby but its not something ive heard people talk about.

ive researched round ligament pain and ive been having that for ages its definitely not that so not sure what it is.

im going for a peppermint tea now will let u know how i get on. hope youre ok thanks

scarednoob Tue 12-May-15 09:56:43

i've had this too. never have worked out what it is, but i think it is either some slightly trapped wind or alternatively just chalk it up to the random mysteries and delights of being pregnant!

gingerbreadmam Tue 12-May-15 10:38:09

thanks scared a peppermint tea has made it feel less uncomfortable but still there. guess its just stretching and stuff.

i am over anxious as i had a mmc before (much earlier on but still frightens me!). thanks.

scarednoob Tue 12-May-15 11:17:45

have you been to ante-natal yoga at all? i found that getting into some of the positions really helped to loosen it and stop the pain. the best one is to get down on all fours (make sure your hands and elbows are underneath the shoulders, not stretched out in front) and then make slow figures of 8 with the pelvis or just rock the hips from side to side. don't push too far as you might if you weren't pregnant, as your joints are a bit softer due to pregnancy hormones.

SO inelegant. but rather effective. hope it helps!

gingerbreadmam Tue 12-May-15 11:35:36

thanks scared i wouldnt have a clue where to look for ante-natal yoga classes. any ideas?

scarednoob Tue 12-May-15 11:40:25

i am in london, so very spoiled, there are loads - if you happen to be anywhere near west london, i can recommend the classes i do in battersea and in richmond.

if not, google is probably your best friend. i really recommend it because it gives you time to relax, stretches you in the right places, and they get you to practice some helpful positions for giving birth too. plus any exercise is good (especially if you are a lardarse like me...) but it's not strenuous. there is a little bit of "connect to your baby, bathe it in love," but not so much that it's unbearable!!!

gingerbreadmam Tue 12-May-15 12:11:02

hmm im in the north east, I did have a google before as I was interested in aqua natal too. They only run classes in work time for aqua natal which seems completely stupid. Didn't find anything on any other pregnancy exercise classes. Will have another google just incase.

scarednoob Tue 12-May-15 13:41:44

netmums has a list for each city i think, if that helps?

they often are at stupid times. we're not all on maternity leave yet!!

gingerbreadmam Tue 12-May-15 14:08:15

i know im only planning on going off 2 wks before edd so probably pointless then. ill have a look on netmums.

gosh its kicking in again this aft. guess im going to have to get used to this. im ok as long as nothing to worry about ha!

PotteringAlong Tue 12-May-15 14:14:29

I'm in the north east and I did a brilliant antenatal yoga class! Hang on, I'll try and find the details...

PotteringAlong Tue 12-May-15 14:16:00

newcastlepregnancyandbabycentre.co.uk/services.php?p=Yoga_for_Pregnancy

Here! I did it for both pregnancies and it was fab!

gingerbreadmam Tue 12-May-15 19:19:25

thanks pottering. im more teesside way but will check it out.

i have found a one to one pilates class so have enquired about prices other than that not much on round here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now