Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else just too knackered to spend 'quality time' with No.1 before No.2 arrives? Feeling v guilty!

(5 Posts)
resipsa Mon 11-May-15 18:51:43

For example, spent a fairly relaxed day at work today but by the time I got to nursery pick up at 5, I was too exhausted to do anything other than agree to the request to watch the ipad. And nearly 1.5 hours later, we're still doing it!

BeforeIChangeMyMind Mon 11-May-15 18:57:37

Yes, me too. Remember that it's temporary. You're doing the best you can. That's what I tell myself, anyway.

Do little bits as part of the routine. I play a game at bath-time or something like that. And allow LOTS of time for the regular stuff to avoid getting stressed/grumpy.

resipsa Mon 11-May-15 19:25:18

Just managed a game and making a card for Daddy's birthday (in 4 weeks!) so feeling a little less guilty (until tomorrow when it's a full day at home smile).

BrownEyedGirl32 Mon 11-May-15 19:58:56

I know how you feel resipsa!

I'm only 11weeks pregnant with my second and because of the nightmare morning sickness and tiredness I feel I have hardly done anything with DS1 lately (apart from watch lots of Peppa).

Today we managed softplay which was good.

I know he won't remember it and he seems happy enough but it doesn't stop the guilt!

Marvel101 Mon 11-May-15 22:02:01

It's only temporary and will do zero harm. DS1 had this when I was pregnant with DS2 - it was such a small period of his life overall - but I felt so guilty at the time

Pregnant with DC3 now and I've been coming home from work and going straight to bed. Both DCs coming in to me talking and I have to beg them to go away - but they come back 3 minutes later

It's a struggle to get through the day - I need to collapse in to bed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now