Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Where does my baby keep going!?

(10 Posts)
Skeppers Mon 11-May-15 08:40:23

Hello again. It's Skeppers' daft question of the day!

I'm 27+1 today. Some days, my bump is very prominent/hard and looks like a proper pregnant tum. Others (like today) it's really soft, not really a 'bump' at all and just looks like a spare tyre. I've been told by my BabyCentre app that he should be approx. 34cm long by now and weight the same as a cabbage. That's not exactly tiny...where the hell does he go!? I had a GP appointment on 29th April and they were happy that he was the right size, etc. and heartbeat was fine, but was just after some reassurance that this happens to other people too?

I really worry on days when my bump is soft and squishy and I can't feel him; it's been like that for a couple of days now and I'm starting to get a bit worried, although I am still getting the odd kick here and there. Is it normal for your bump to change size at this stage?

ThatsNotEvenAWord Mon 11-May-15 08:47:10

Mine definitely did, and when I laid down it almost disappeared altogether for ages. I think it depends on the baby's position smile

BreeVDKamp Mon 11-May-15 08:55:26

Mine did too, think they just get comfy further back towards your spine smile and I had many instances of reduced movement as the baby was kicking into my (anterior) placenta so that was nothing to worry about either. Was very paranoid and concerned though, obviously!!

I'd recommend calling your midwife if you're really worried, they can do a trace. Once I had a trace and could hear the baby kicking away, just couldn't feel it.

Now (39 weeks), I can sometimes see the baby move but feel nothing.

Eltonjohnsflorist Mon 11-May-15 08:59:13

They can sink down at that stage, sort of lying on their back

Stinkylinky Mon 11-May-15 09:50:54

Mine does this too! It baffles me how I can me huge one day and tiny the next!

SueV14 Mon 11-May-15 10:10:37

Can they actually lye on their back in your belly? Like if they were I a hammock, with say head to your left side and feet to your right?? I jumped last night from a major weird kick into my right side, felt like a tiny foot kicked me but gosh was that powerful (and suddenly!!)... She did that a couple more times for the next hour but less strongly. I'm 28 weeks now. I also notice that my belly looks and feels sort of wide last 7 days or so....

Skeppers Mon 11-May-15 10:53:12

I need to watch some blummin' videos or something. I didn't even realise that I was in the third trimester now until a reminder thingy pinged up on my phone. I'm such a slack parent(to be)!

sianihedgehog Mon 11-May-15 10:55:39

Mine moves to lying transverse quite a lot, and when that happens my bump feels soft underneath and on top, and looks wider and less bump like. Does that sound similar?

MissTwister Mon 11-May-15 12:02:15

I'm at a loss to where they go and what they do! I am 28+ 3 and sometimes baby kicks on upper right, sometimes upper left, sometimes way way down low. Surely baby's can't swivel around that much and within the space of a few hours!! My bump is never really that hard but it might be fat.....

Stinkylinky Mon 11-May-15 12:59:17

Mine feels huge today, I can see what looks like a head (or bottom!) poking out the right hand side of my stomach. My skin literally feels like it's going to rip. I'm thinking stretch marks are just around the corner!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now