Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12 week scan ?

(15 Posts)
AbigailM92 Sun 10-May-15 09:20:10

I have a little one he is 3 and very good little boy! thing is I can't not take him to my 12 week scan I have no babysitters as they are all in work it will be me and my partner going, I've read on some things that they get annoyed when you take a little one with you and now I'm a little worried has anyone taken there little one with them. It sounds like a stupid question and I don't mind him coming at all. x

dontlikechocolateorcake Sun 10-May-15 09:21:37

I took my two year old (she was fascinated) and no one batted an eyelid x

Bayswaterbelle Sun 10-May-15 09:24:56

I'm sure they won't mind! If there's a delay and he has a book or toy to amuse himself, just in case. Surely lots of people bring their kids with them.

AbigailM92 Sun 10-May-15 09:27:44

Thank you! grin you have made me feel a million times better I was just worried I don't no why and he is really well behaved and keeps himself occupied so I wasn't worried about him playing up at all, it's just some things I have read x

SummerHouse Sun 10-May-15 09:36:11

No one will mind at all.

But I would, and did, go alone to scans and that was the right thing for us.

ChesterCake Sun 10-May-15 10:08:40

They won't mind, but personally I have gone alone and left my 3 year old with my partner. I wouldn't know how to explain bad news found at the scan to a 3 year old and that's why we didn't take him.

SummerHouse Sun 10-May-15 10:15:35

chester I think you have found the words I was searching for to make that point.

AbigailM92 Sun 10-May-15 20:32:13

I Completely understand were use are coming from but my partner wants to be there with me i wouldn't mind going!, I had a early scan as I had really bad pains at 8 weeks and everything seemed to be ok, so fingers crossed all is still well at 12 weeks if it's anything bad I will always put a brave face on for my little munchkin he would proberly keep me sane too (he dosent have a clue I'm pregnant) just thinks I've got a sore tummy because I'm sick in the morning x

SummerHouse Sun 10-May-15 21:25:56

Go for it. And congratulations. flowers

I bet you have a lovely experience and its nice that your little one can be part of it.

seaoflove Sun 10-May-15 21:28:26

Every scan I've attended this pregnancy has had a waiting room full of little children. I've left DD with my mum on two occasions (DH was at work) and the sonographer was happy to invite both of them in at the end.

LostMySocks Sun 10-May-15 21:56:10

Took DS to my scan. He's 19 months. They were fine and there was even one of those bead maze tables in the waiting area. Mind your previous scan was a MMC and if anything was wrong this time I wanted him to cuddle.

K8eee Sun 10-May-15 22:02:10

I'm pg with dc2 and dd is 13 months. she came along to our scan and dh managed to entertain her in between. showing her what was on the screen. as long as they're not screaming I think they don't mind. our hospital had a sign up saying to keep children quiet during our scan

AbigailM92 Mon 11-May-15 12:00:24

Ino! I don't understand how you could possibly just leave your child at home though like I would if I had a babysitter but some people just can't get one so I really don't mind taking him with me even if it is abit of bad news because he would be there to cuddle me (he is really good at that) and ino when everything goes okay he will be thrilled to see his new little sibling !xx

MummyPiggy87 Mon 11-May-15 16:21:13

It'll be fine, They can't just expect people to have babysitters on hand.
Maybe to make yourself feel better just call and ask

AbigailM92 Wed 13-May-15 08:55:41

Well I'm going to see my midwife today at the hospital so ill ask then am sure she will say it's fine I can't see her saying it's not thank you very much Ladies you have made me feel so much better!xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now