Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Peeing in the night. Shattered.

(9 Posts)
ejclementine Sun 10-May-15 08:25:20

Hi, I'm only 6+2 but for exactly two weeks today I've been getting up every single night for a wee (usually between 2am and 4am). I'm shattered. Is there anything I can do to stop it from happening? Is anyone else in the same boat this early on?

Galvanized Sun 10-May-15 08:26:57

Unfortunately very little you can do but it don't last all pregnancy! Stop drinking fluids at dinner time, none in the evening, might help.

sianihedgehog Sun 10-May-15 08:27:40

What, only once per night?! You lucky cow.
Would suggest getting used to it because the frequency and volume increases throughout pregnancy, and at 27 weeks I'm up once per hour.

PotteringAlong Sun 10-May-15 08:28:29

Just embrace it, because this is your sleep pattern for the next 2 years!

heatherxo Sun 10-May-15 08:29:10

I was up between 2 and 5 times a night when I was early on. It does stop and after around 12 weeks there were some nights I didn't get up at all.
Now 30 weeks and its all come back! I'm so tired I'm getting a headache, and I'm on my way to work sad

shushpenfold Sun 10-May-15 08:30:05

Congratulations! This may sound harsh but by the end of the pg you might be hitting the loo up to 6 times a night.....I was and I don't think it's unusual. I was told that the wee stops were a 'blessing' to try and get me used to night wakenings. At the time i was not vastly impressed with the advice but I totally saw the point after that first few months of new baby and the thought of a full night's sleep with more than one child and especially babies and toddlers is laughable to be honest. You will get used to it, I promise.

poocatcherchampion Sun 10-May-15 08:32:41

All my life I've gone to the loo once per night. When I am pregnant it is more. When I have a newborn it is a lot more.

I expect you are shattered because out are growing a baby and it is exhausting. The first 12 weeks you can feel tired like you have never done before.

ejclementine Sun 10-May-15 08:41:55

I was worried you guys might say this... I've always been a good sleeper. Hopefully I'll get used to new pattern a bit soon. Fingers crossed some of this tiredness is part of being in the first 12 weeks. Thanks all.

sianihedgehog Sun 10-May-15 08:44:17

I was exhausted for the whole first trimester, I think that probably is part of it. I found that my energy levels picked back up at about 16 weeks, so don't panic is you get to 13 weeks and still feel tired!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now