Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Panicking that I'm too old (+ tired) for #2

(6 Posts)
djini Sat 09-May-15 20:09:43

I've got a lively, demanding DD (3) and have just discovered that - surprise! - I'm expecting again. We weren't planning this, and it's a surprise because DD took 7 years TTC before we managed it (naturally) so we'd just assumed that we were blessed with one random miracle and that was good enough for us. But here we are, 7 weeks in.

By the time this one will be born (assuming all goes smoothly) I'll be nearly 42 and the thought of having all that sleeplessness, weaning, potty training, etc etc again - just when DD has finished it all and is trotting off to primary school - makes me want to weep and/or crawl under the duvet and never come out.

Is it the hormones speaking? (Probably). Will it be any easier second time around? I'd really appreciate anyone with similar age gap or second child after 40 chipping in!

mrschatty Sat 09-May-15 21:00:44

Hello
Didn't want to read and run- sorry I'm not much help but I've read of loads of ladies having babies in 40s on here!
Hopeful bump for more advice- x

DinkyDye Sat 09-May-15 21:12:14

I'll be 38 when dd2 is born and feel the same way and she was planned! Dd1 will just be at school but l do wonder how I'll cope again.

IMustEatMoreVeg Sat 09-May-15 21:12:39

Yes much easier second time around. You are ready for it, you see!

iheartfriday Sat 09-May-15 21:19:49

I'm almost 42 and had my second 3 months ago. My oldest is almost 18 months. It is tiring but not twice as tiring. And I'm finding it a lot easier than the first time. It's less stressful so easier to enjoy. And seeing them together is really lovely. Good luck!

Foxeym Sat 09-May-15 21:59:56

I had DC3 at 42 ( he's 18 months now). My other 2 DCs are 16&14 so big gap. I love it, the girls are great with him and he was actually the easiest pregnancy of all of them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now