Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Trying to get pregnant

(9 Posts)
KatieKittie Sat 09-May-15 03:55:02

I'm fast approaching 39. Trying for over two years- miscarriages but nothing positive

My mother had my brother at 36 my grandmother had my uncle at 46

Why can't I have a baby

pickleandflux Sat 09-May-15 04:50:03

Sorry to hear about your problems. Have you been to a fertility/miscarriage clinic for assessments? I can't really offer any other advice I'm afraid, but I know myself how upsetting miscarriages are. There are some helpful threads on the miscarriage chat page, and also threads about fertility issues on the conception chat page. I hope that things get better for you soon xxx

sebsmummy1 Sat 09-May-15 05:56:26

Katie I'm so sorry. I'm 40, one DS and started TTC 2 years ago now with three MCs for my trouble. It's very sad and I understand your pain all too well.

Are you having acupuncture at all? It's the one thing I really feel has been very positive for me. My cycles were getting shorter and shorter and now they are back up to 28 days long from as short as 23 days last year. I've been going about 7 months now and did fall pregnant successfully in December, however even though my body did everything right the baby was severely disabled and died at 11 weeks.

sebsmummy1 Sat 09-May-15 05:57:35

Sorry that read as though the baby was 11 weeks old! No, I was 11 weeks pregnant when the baby was found to have died and after testing the baby had severe Downs not comparable with life.

KatieKittie Sat 09-May-15 11:44:00

Oh Seb that's so sad, I'm so sorry x miscarriage is so hard and people don't always understand my heart just aches for you. Thank you pickle too I struggle to believe I'm 39 I act more like I'm 7 most of the time lol I'm a full time step mummy to two wonderful children and I love them so much (mother just walked out on them still to this day can't understand it)and whilst it would not change my love for them one bit I just would love the feeling of bringing my own little person into the world. I've not wanted to explore the next stage of testing and stuff because of the peanuts I desperately want a child but I have two and maybe at my age it's just not meant to be. I don't know I was just so emotional yesterday I get what feel like pregnancy symptoms every month and then a period itjust hurts sad

IfYouWereARiverIdLearnToFloat Sun 10-May-15 08:28:28

I second the suggestion of acupuncture. My cycle was messed up after a MC in July and ovulation was far too late in my short cycle to conceive & implant successfully. I started acupuncture end of January this year and ovulation moved from D20 to D12/13 after just three sessions. I'm now almost 8 weeks pregnant, saw bubs heart beating on Friday & continuing with the acupuncture every 3 or 4 weeks to support me during pregnancy now.

I absolutely believe it's made a difference. We decided to try it before asking for a fertility clinic referral as it had been 18 months TTC.

scarednoob Sun 10-May-15 16:11:07

I am so sorry you are having to go through this. But I would say maybe the tests would be a good idea if you think you can face it? There might be a really simple thing to fix and at 39 you still have time to sort it out, or you might be reassured that it should happen soon.

KatieKittie Sun 10-May-15 22:03:31

Nice to hear the happy endings with the acupuncture something I had never even considered! Definitely something to try! I'm lucky my partner is very supportive so we talk but sometimes some female help is just what a lady needs! Feeling a bit happier with the world today smile thank you for the kind words of support and lots of luck to those going through the same thing!

IfYouWereARiverIdLearnToFloat Sun 10-May-15 22:34:04

It sounds like you have a lovely partner & step children who will be there to support you. Have you spoken to your GP about D21 progesterone test & partner having sperm analysis? Might be a good first step?

I found Zita West's book v helpful too - its partly why I tried acupuncture first instead of fertility clinic route. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now