Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Freaked out by the heartbeat...

(6 Posts)
Ladypug Fri 08-May-15 20:07:40

Please don't judge me but I heard my baby's heartbeat today and despite being over the moon and in awe etc I was also a little freaked out by it. I'm squeamish at the best of times and I can't listen to my own heartbeat or my own pulse - I'm just a bit freaked out about another heart beating in me and feel a bit out of control. I would love reassurance if anyone else has felt like this at all?

batfish Sat 09-May-15 16:16:43

Ladypug I felt freaked out the first couple of times I heard it too! Was kind of amazed the first time but that quickly turned into 'woahh there's something in there' - I have had 4 scans now so have got used to it but if I'm honest I can't get my head round the fact that what I see on the screen is inside me, it's like it is someone else. I have started to feel hard bits in my stomach when I lie down and some parts of my stomach are harder than others sometimes and I'm finding that quite odd - I think maybe because I can't comprehend it is a baby so must be thinking that hard lumps in my stomach is bad!

Whatever you are feeling you will never be alone - we are programmed to believe that when pregnant we will feel beautiful and maternal and excited and immediately bond with our unborn child but that isn't always the case and nobody should feel guilty about it.

MissTwister Sat 09-May-15 17:10:59

The kicking and stuff freaks me out a bit too. Just assumed that was normal!

heatherxo Sat 09-May-15 18:35:12

30 weeks, been feeling baby move for the last 3 month or so and it still freaks me out everytime!

claracluck1978 Sat 09-May-15 18:39:09

Completely understandable! I had fortnightly scans & 'listens' with my twins - having 3 hearts inside me still blows my mind sometimes!

Ladypug Sat 09-May-15 21:53:36

Thank you everyone , reassuring to see I'm not alone :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now