Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

spa day question

(7 Posts)
NoArmaniNoPunani Fri 08-May-15 17:21:12

I'm going here in a few weeks. The information says the water temp is 33.5 degrees. I'll be 13 weeks pregnant. Can I get in or is it too hot?

TIA

BabyBNumberThree Fri 08-May-15 17:33:57

I can't open the link on my phone but I know they don't recommend hot tubs and too hot water for pregnant women due to the high temperatures causing overheating, dehydration and fainting

Hellohellohowareyou Fri 08-May-15 17:34:33

You will be fine at 33.5 degrees, just avoid the saunas, it may be worth giving them a quick call and ask them to advise what you should avoid.

You will have an amazing time! Hubby and I went last sept and its a beautiful spa

thesmallbear Fri 08-May-15 17:39:21

33.5 degrees is less than body temperature (which is 37 I think). So it's actually quite cold and therefore won't be a problem.

ToriB34 Fri 08-May-15 17:53:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sarkymare Fri 08-May-15 17:59:28

To overheat your core body temperature must rise a considerable amount. As 33 degrees is less than your core body temperature this of course isn't going to happen.

I hope you have a lovely time smile

NoArmaniNoPunani Fri 08-May-15 18:50:32

I'm such an idiot, should have realised this is lower than body temp! Thanks for replies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now