Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot

(13 Posts)
MissTwister Fri 08-May-15 14:13:11

I know that you can feel hotter during pregnancy but, seriously, in the last two weeks as I've entered the 3rd trimester I feel like someone has turned the temperature dial up in the UK!

At work I sit lightly sweating and if I even dare to use my light summer duvet I wake up covered in sweat and with we hair like it's the height of summer.

Help - is this normal!? And what will I do come real summer!!

MissTwister Sat 09-May-15 16:48:18

Am I alone in this then!!??

Buttwing Sat 09-May-15 20:33:07

Didn't want to leave you unanswered I had this with all four of my pregnancies and with one I was pregnant through the heat wave in 2013 I was boiling all the time I used to have ten showers a day and sit in the kids paddling pool so I feel your pain. It took me ages to adjust after the babies were born spent the first few weeks freezing!!

Whatabout Sat 09-May-15 20:34:50

Yeah I suffer too, but nothing like the post birth weeks. It sucks, I sometimes sprinkle my sheets with water to try and be cooler

Iloveonionchutney Sat 09-May-15 20:36:12

I'm almost 18 weeks and usually always cold but in the last week in boiling all the time to the point of actually sweating today which is not me at all! I was the same with my first but not this early I don't think, dreading the summer sad

Teeste Sat 09-May-15 20:54:08

As my midwife put it, you've got a little boiler in there! Invest in a fan, I couldn't live without my two - one in the living room, one in the bedroom. Total lifesavers.

broodylicious Sat 09-May-15 21:24:32

I'm a hottie too - haha, I'm not at all actually but I do feel much hotter during this pregnancy. I've the windows open constantly, wear little in the house and yet still scorchio. My feet and between my thighs seem to get the hottest, which makes for very uncomfortable nights not to mention the annoyance of SPD and restless feet syndrome! I got one of those hot weather sprays from boots the other day and it does work. For a bit anyway.

ToriB34 Sat 09-May-15 21:52:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MissTwister Sun 10-May-15 21:37:22

Thanks all!

Holden10 Sun 10-May-15 22:02:47

Same! 37+1 and the heat is really going up on my internal thermometer grin

Skiptonlass Mon 11-May-15 08:10:23

Fans! Fans everywhere! Ice lollies and plenty of cold water.

Google 'swamp cooler' to turn a fan into a basic cooling unit using a wet sheet.

Put your pillow in the freezer.

Have a clean plant mister filled with water - spritz it over you as you lie in bed with your fan on full. Evaporation is your friend.

(Can you tell I've lived in hot countries? ) smile

If it's very hot and you're out all day, it may be better to close the windows and shut the curtains - if you're in and there is a breeze it can be better to open the windows withheld blinds down. If you're lucky enough to have sash windows open them top and bottom to get the max benefit.

I am dreading this summer because our flat is like an oven. Think I may splash out on a small a/c unit...

MissTwister Mon 11-May-15 11:58:09

Thanks for all the tips Skiptonlass, I am just praying for a crap summer (until August then it can perk up!)

geekymommy Mon 11-May-15 13:36:02

I'm having that, too. It didn't help that it was 31 here in Pittsburgh yesterday. We seem to have skipped spring and gone straight from winter to summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now