Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Almost 16 weeks - didn't feel baby move yesterday

(6 Posts)
spongysponge Fri 08-May-15 06:06:45

This is my second pregnancy and I've been feeling movement from about 14 weeks. I feel it quite frequently every day but nothing yesterday. Is this normal? What should I do? The literature I have from the midwife only talks about what to do if you feel no/reduced movements when you're further along. I'm feeling pretty bloated, could that be masking the movements?

applecore0317 Fri 08-May-15 06:18:50

Baby is still so tiny at this stage and can tuck itself into a corner or face a way that movements can't be felt.

If you are worried you could always see if your midwife would be willing to try and find the heartbeat at your 16 week appointment.

Choccyhobnob Fri 08-May-15 09:33:18

I really wouldn't worry at this stage. I felt quite a lot between 16 and 18 weeks, then nothing for nearly 2 weeks and panicked then he must of moved and then felt loads of movement again and then a few days of not so much. They just get themselves in different positions at this stage. My midwife told me not to expect to feel movement every day until 28 weeks!

spongysponge Fri 08-May-15 09:54:44

Thanks for the messages, I feel a bit better about it now. My last pregnancy feels like a lifetime ago and I don't remember anything! I'm also never sure who to contact about things and always seem to be given conflicting information. Will see how things go smile

Allstoppedup Fri 08-May-15 10:03:00

Yeah, my midwife said not to worry about regular kicks from around 26 weeks.

I'm nearly 19 weeks and had lots of flutters early on but not so many last week. Heard a little heart beat at a check up yesterday though so little squish has obviously tucked itself away!

Allstoppedup Fri 08-May-15 10:03:31

That's supposed to say until 26ish weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now