Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nipples - wtf??

(16 Posts)
Stinkersmum Thu 07-May-15 23:02:08

17+2 here, with unbearably itchy nipples. I don't know what to do. I'm moisturising but nothing is helping. Apart from cutting them off, does anyone have any tips? Anyone else suffering this? Or is it just me? Aaarrrggghhhh.

Bumpandbaby2014 Fri 08-May-15 00:54:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

zrp2013ag Fri 08-May-15 06:57:29

I'm a teen and I am scared kinda BC not to put out tmi but clear liquid stuff is coming out of my boobs and they hurt bad and Iam in my 1st month I thought

10000Fireflies Fri 08-May-15 07:08:46

I had this. Stopped as soon as I got a new bra! See if that works for you too? Is v unpleasant, so sympathies. I found Lansinoh helped, but not as much as new bra.

NotQuiteCockney Fri 08-May-15 07:18:01

Zrp, sensitive breasts is normal in pregnancy, so is leaking. It's unusual to leak so early.

Do you have support? I hear very good things about the nurse practitioner program for teen mums.

Stinkersmum Mon 25-May-15 08:16:39

This is still happening. To the point where it's waking me up at night and I'm marking myself from all the scratching sad. Roll on October....

Plonkysaurus Mon 25-May-15 08:20:47

OP I have exactly the same problem!

It was worse in the early weeks and I was slathering oil on to provide a bit of relief. It's died down now but still bothers me several times a week.

Incidentally I've been reading Ina May's book abit breastfeeding and she mentions that your nips develop extra layers of skin to help toughen them up. I wondered if it could be that. Will mention it to midwife on Wednesday.

Skiptonlass Mon 25-May-15 08:34:13

Zrp, my boobs were SO sore in the first trimester. Really painful, even my clothes touching them was awful! It's absolutely normal. You'll also notice some changes in shape, and if they are pink now it's likely they will go a darker shade too. Again, completely normal. I'm now in my second trimester and they are much less sore (and much bigger!)

Mention the leaking to your midwife - it's a bit early but nothing to panic about smile

Skiptonlass Mon 25-May-15 08:34:44

That's interesting plonky - it would explain the weird flakiness!

Stinkersmum Mon 25-May-15 08:38:03

Yeah, mine are flaky too, despite slathering mama mio oil and boob tube cream on them. 19+6 now - does it end?????

Skiptonlass Mon 25-May-15 11:44:11

My first thought - maybe exfoliating gently would help?

My second thought - my first thought is rather surreal smile pregnancy Is weird isn't it?!

willnotbetamed Mon 25-May-15 13:44:06

I had this too at about 21 weeks! It's my third pregnancy, didn't have it in either of the others. I put on loads of oil after showering, and otherwise tried to get as much fresh air on them as possible - as soon as I had a couple of hours to myself, I was wandering round the house topless! It went away again after a few days, but only after I'd scratched myself raw, and thankfully it hasn't come back (now almost 30 weeks). Sudocrem is good too if you have sore places, stops the scratches getting infected.

coneywonder Mon 25-May-15 16:37:45

Pure aloe Vera helped me when I had it xx

Pigriver Mon 25-May-15 23:18:03

Ok had itchy nipples for weeks, then they grew massive and were super gender for another few weeks. I hit 25 weeks today and now they have started to leak!
Bloody crazy shock

Nottalotta Tue 26-May-15 04:58:48

Pregnancy can be a bit gross can't it?

I saw this thread and thought 'oh yes! The sore itchy nipples!' I am 30 + 3 and had this earlier on but its gone now.

Very painful boobs in the first trimester. Then at about 15/16 weeks (i think) incredibly sore and itchy nips. By the time i got home from work i was desperate to get my bra off. A cold flannel seemed to help.

GlitzAndGigglesx Tue 26-May-15 06:15:31

I'm 30+3 and still bloody suffering! It's not as bad now I'm using baby lotion twice a day. Haven't had leaking for over a month

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now