Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Strange nipples.... Anyone else???!

(11 Posts)
GotTheKey Thu 07-May-15 15:49:22

Hi all, am looking for some advice.
I am 12 weeks 5 days pregnant with my first baby.
Since becoming pregnant my nipples have been sensitive but not overly sore. However I have noticed that the areola on my right breast has become a lot thicker and if I press it then it's kind of pimply. The other one is a bit darker but doesn't have this thickness to it.
I am probably freaking out a bit but just wanted to know if anyone had experienced this? I'm just panicking that they are so different.
Thanks x

lauraa4 Thu 07-May-15 16:02:35

Don't worry, my nipples look hilarious at the moment.

It's just where they are changing all the time. I've been told to expect them to go even larger then they are now! sad

GotTheKey Thu 07-May-15 16:17:17

I shouldn't have googled it sad but it's because they have these pimples in and just feels so weird.
I have booked a GP appt for tomorrow.

Royalsighness Thu 07-May-15 16:32:27

Mine have lumps all over them and little black bits in the cracks that I can't seem to wash out!

Skiptonlass Thu 07-May-15 16:45:30

Bigger lumps in the areola ?

Totally normal - they are called Montgomery's tubercles and they secrete oils to lubricate the breast (and possibly scent markers to guide the baby in.)

Tranquilitybaby Thu 07-May-15 17:04:30

Completely normal don't worry. X

sianihedgehog Thu 07-May-15 17:42:14

Montgomery tubercules. They produce oils which keep your nipples moisturised. Your nipples get proper weird in pregnancy! Huge, lumpy, and dark.

Schoolaroundthecorner Thu 07-May-15 17:50:36

Totally normal. That's how I knew, well suspected, I was pregnant the first time as before I took the test all these weird bumps appeared on mine. They settled down after baby but have reappeared this time again.

LorryHen Thu 07-May-15 18:04:16

The pimples develop in pregnancy and they help with producing milk.

Some people have them all of the time even when they aren't pregnant. My nipples look like raspberries at the moment it's terrible haha

GotTheKey Thu 07-May-15 20:14:18

Thanks ladies xx

They aren't pimples - they are more indents, like the hair follicles on my boob.

I'll let you know what GP says tomorrow x

OneLittleManOneInOven Fri 08-May-15 09:24:27

Mine are like udders blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now