Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cosatto Giggle - Flamingo Car seat base

(13 Posts)
MrsT1980 Wed 06-May-15 06:56:59

Hi does any have a Cosatto Giggle Flamingo? I am looking at getting this pram and just wondered what the difference in the 2 car seat bases that are available? Also are these necessary as a friend just fits hers straight onto the seat. I have a mamas and papas primo isofix base already but I'm not sure if that's compatible just wondering what's he best thing to use? TIA x

sianihedgehog Wed 06-May-15 13:26:37

The isofix base is to attach to isofix points in your car, the other one attaches using seat belts. Which you buy depends on the car you have.

You don't need either base, you can attach the seat directly using the seat belts, but if you are going to be taking it in and out a lot, it's a lot easier to just clip it onto a base.

The mamas and papas base will fit mamas and papas seats.

MrsT1980 Wed 06-May-15 18:07:21

Thank u that helps xx

allgoodthings84 Wed 06-May-15 19:50:34

I have this system, not used yet as I'm 38 weeks. We pick up the ISO fix base on Tuesday. Late I know but we only just decided we want one. We were trying to save money but I'm only small so will struggle getting the seat in and out of the car with baby in it if I use the seat belt option

teejayem Thu 07-May-15 07:32:44

I've also got this system in pitter patter, and we've opted to try without the base to start with, it isn't too much faff and we have two cars it's potentially going to be used in, and we can't afford two bases! I felt a bit aggrieved that the base is as much as the seat and he'll need the next size seat up reasonably quickly which doesn't require a base (-AFAIK) We've set it up in the car already and the seatbelt only fixing seems fairly straightforward (can't comment on what it's like with actual baby just yet, he's not due for a couple of weeks!)

sianihedgehog Thu 07-May-15 09:02:03

I have the system in pixelate, and I'm not buying a base either. It'll mostly be used in my Berlingo, so plenty of room and no bending over to get it in and out anyways.

dillydollydarling Thu 07-May-15 09:12:54

We've ordered this system in oaker. Also decided not to get the isofix base and see how we get on. The woman in the shop even said not to bother with the base!

hellsbells99 Thu 07-May-15 09:19:49

Cosatto Giggle has featured on Watchdog - please google for problems before you buy. My friend bought one and her frame/chassis collapsed whilst the baby was in it. The company refused to reimburse her as she had bought it just over 6 months previously (when 3 months pregnant). It was only after googling and finding that it was a known fault that she managed to get her money back.

sianihedgehog Thu 07-May-15 09:23:30

Giggle 1 had problems with a part, Giggle 2 has resolved the problem.

sianihedgehog Thu 07-May-15 09:24:05

It's almost as if we already know how to use Google.

hellsbells99 Thu 07-May-15 09:34:44

No need for sarcasm - I was trying to be helpful.

Ilovenannyplum Thu 07-May-15 09:36:17

Cosatto told me my giggle system was fine, there was something at the back of my mind worrying still so I called again to double check. The second time they confirmed it was actually a faulty one and it needed to be sent back for repair. I just got my money back and bought something else, was so annoyed that they effectively lied about it being ok when it was one of the broken ones confused
Better to be safe than sorry

I was bloody annoyed cos I LOVED the pram and really wanted to keep it!!

Ilovenannyplum Thu 07-May-15 09:36:53

(And mine was a giggle 2)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now