Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ohh fucking hell!!

(49 Posts)
Peppapigsbitch Tue 05-May-15 23:26:19

I'm so stupidly unorganised/ignorant. Periods have become increasingly light but regular for a good few months now- never thought much of it but I'm now around 2/3 days late shock I've been putting off POAS but tonight I'm thinking I could be a lot further on than anticipated. I've been feeling little fluttering movements irregularly for the past couple of days, never thinking anything of it until I realised that I was late this morning. I've laid on my belly tonight and it feels like there's a football between the mattress and my belly. Whilst all of this is going on, I'm feeling as though I'm having mild period cramps so thinking AF cnt be too far away, but on the other hand remembr having them when pg with DD.

just needed to offload, daren't tell DP as he is already stressed out with work, can't sleep

MishMooshAndMogwai Wed 06-May-15 00:30:54

You know what you're gonna have to do..... <tries to hide excitement>

Would it be welcome(ish) news?

LorryHen Wed 06-May-15 06:54:11

Good luck with whatever happens. It's so easy to ignore it or just assume it's nothing.

If it helps the football thing happened to me from 9 weeks and the flutters from 14.

Try a test and see what it says. I've heard that tests can be negative if you're quite far along but that could be bs.

JugglingLife Wed 06-May-15 07:03:44

It could just be trapped wind....... wink Good luck OP, can you POAS as soon as possible and then tell us all straight away

Peppapigsbitch Wed 06-May-15 07:07:50

I've always had really heavy periods and just thought that they had maybe sorted themselves out, live in the sticks so will nip into town today to buy PT. i remember the flutters happening from around 17/18 weeks with DD but then she was my first, I haven't actually felt the flutters with my hand so whether or not it is just a muscle twitch IDK, I guess we'll soon find out. I've been on the pill and DP has been using condoms so at a bit of a loss as to how this happened as we're very careful. Still having cramps this morning but still no bleeding. Will keep you posted, had better stay away from those sheep just incase though!!

Peppapigsbitch Wed 06-May-15 07:34:23

Oddly enough have also noticed that I'm quite wet down there, similar to mid cycle when I guess I would be ovulating, still cramping, getting quite strong now

Snowflake15 Wed 06-May-15 08:29:44

POAS

WinterBabyof89 Wed 06-May-15 08:34:46

Good luck when POAS

HellKitty Wed 06-May-15 08:46:07

Watching!

StuffedCrustPizza Wed 06-May-15 08:54:55

Exciting! I've heard about it not showing later in pregnancy too so even if negative might be worth a doctors appt

FluffyJawsOfDoom Wed 06-May-15 09:41:18

I felt flutters much earlier with no.2, but it could be wind! Good luck op x

Mummyofonesofar Wed 06-May-15 10:19:48

Marking place so I can watch! grin

Peppapigsbitch Wed 06-May-15 10:28:04

Ill be going into town this aft ladies so will post ASAP after I get results, still cramping but no bleeding as of yet, I've never been 3 says late unless I've been pregnant. Maybe my body is just playing tricks on me and AF is imminent.

I've told DP this morning, well I sort of had to! He walked in on me crying about the fact that I was trying to lose weight before TTC number 2 and that I'll be too fat to use the birthing pool, he just laughed and said whatever happens doesn't matter and that we wanted more kids at some point anyway

K8eee Wed 06-May-15 10:29:46

good luck Peppa! hope it's the news you want smile

gaggiagirl Wed 06-May-15 10:35:38

Eek!

CattyCatCat Wed 06-May-15 10:36:41

Hope it will all be ok for you, OP.
If you are on the pill and using condoms it would be extremely unlikely you are pregnant, even more so considering that you've also had monthly bleeds.

It can be very stressful when your period is late and that stress can make it even later, iykwim. Good luck and I hope you get the result that you want flowers

Number3cometome Wed 06-May-15 10:39:27

POAS!

chasingtherainbow Wed 06-May-15 12:14:11

{Shamelessly placemarks}

FYI. You can get in the pool if you homebirth. They can't stop you!

snowglobemouse Wed 06-May-15 12:27:12

ooh let us know!

Peppapigsbitch Wed 06-May-15 13:37:42

Sorry to keep you all waiting! DD is still having her nap but I'm raring to go. Nearly went to buy one at the local village shop but they looked a bit shitty and you know what village gossips are like �� it would've been round all of yorkshire by now if I had!

Just been to the loo, still no bleeding but mild cramps intermittently all day really . . . . Hmmmmm what do you all think?

Mummyofonesofar Wed 06-May-15 13:43:40

I think like Catty said it is very unlikely, and your ovulation may have been delayed - or even it could have been an annovulatory cycle - which you can have up to 2 a year so please try not to get your hopes up too much as a BFN can he devastating

RB68 Wed 06-May-15 13:47:58

Glad DP is being great about it despite his own issues he sounded pleased :-). Other than that hope the outcome is as you want. As for the weight thing - well it saved you the time and trouble twice....

BTW I think I was pregnant at least a month before GP said I was - my cycle is around 6 weeks and entirely irregular though so completely different

Peppapigsbitch Wed 06-May-15 13:53:33

Half of me is hoping not to be - I'm wanting to lose weight and am well on track with that, wanting to go back to work etc. I just don't really feel as though the time is quite right for another baby, we were hanging back a bit, were only in a small, two bedroomed house so I don't know how we would manage with 3 kiddies, DP and myself. I have a very regular cycle and always have had. 28 days on the dot. I was due AF on 3rd of this month som3 days late now - very unusual.

strawberrydaquari Wed 06-May-15 14:27:34

Hope you get the result you want op

BitchBags Wed 06-May-15 16:25:39

Good luck op smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now