Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Will anything help?

(4 Posts)
PurpleRose864 Mon 04-May-15 18:24:29

Hi,
Just after a bit of advice. If there anything that will help settle my stomach? I caught a stomach bug off of my youngest that started on Friday. I haven't eaten a meal since Thursday night, yesterday I managed half a chicken sandwich and today a slice of toast. I feel dreadful. Is there anything that will help. I am forcing water down but that's a struggle to. I feel so weak now and I'm getting symptoms from an underlying illness I have now too. Sorry I just don't know how to feel better and was hoping there would be advice on here. I never catch stomach bugs so don't really know how to cope with it. I'm 20+4. Thanks

IfYouWereARiverIdLearnToFloat Mon 04-May-15 19:19:19

You have my full sympathy purple, I had a bug last week & was utterly miserable.

I couldn't keep anything down but being 7 weeks pregnant & not eating was making the pregnancy nausea so much worse. I just kept drinking water, diluting juice, Lucozade & camomile tea until something eventually stayed down.

I found ice lollies, chicken noodle soup, scrambled egg & ready salted crisps eventually helped once I could eat (not all at once!). It's completely wiped me out though.

Hope you feel better soon. Keep yourself hydrated & hopefully your appetite will pick up in next few days.

lemon101 Mon 04-May-15 19:25:25

Ooooh, I'm sorry to hear that purple rose. Just stay away from dairy and get some salt in you. have you got any chicken soup in the cupboard? Or if not pea soup can be really fast and easy. Just get some stock, put some peas in it and blend that bad-boy up. Really at this stage just make sure you keep the carbs coming (more toast) and get some salts back in your system. If you have diarohylte (god knows how you spell that) then this is what you need medication wise.

I've had full blown dysentery before and I know you will not want to eat - but when you start getting stuff back in you, your stomach will start remembering.

hope you feel better soon! flowers

BikeRunSki Mon 04-May-15 20:00:43

Pregnancy Sickness Support

Have you tried fizzy water? I had hyperemisis and couldn't keep anything down for several months, but after that phase passed I was still quite nauseous and fizzy water helped enormously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now