Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sonoline fetal doppler

(8 Posts)
Mariefairie Mon 04-May-15 14:34:21

Good morning ladies, I hope you will be able to help me. I got myself a doppler and recently had a midwife appointment who listened to my babies heart and found it and I have listened to babies heart three times so far with my doppler and I am able to pick up what I think is babies heartbeat and it raises up to 157 beats per minute however I am
Not 100% sure if it's definitely the heartbeat or the placenta. I am wondering if I show a video and share a link will you be able to help me figure it out if it's definitely my babies heartbeat I am hearing ? I am driving myself mad ha! I am just over 16w pregnant. Many thanks in advance

Droflove Mon 04-May-15 14:38:26

I don't think you can hear a placenta...?

60sname Mon 04-May-15 14:45:10

The placenta does have its own beat. However, the difficulty in distinguishing them is why home doppler use isn't recommended.

MissTwister Mon 04-May-15 15:10:20

There are YouTube videos on the different sounds. Placenta sounds like trees whooshing!

Mariefairie Mon 04-May-15 15:17:16

I have uploaded a video - do you think it's the heartbeat ? youtu.be/Di-ACYsE8Go many thanks x

GlitzAndGigglesx Mon 04-May-15 15:21:48

It could well be, but it could also be your own or the placenta. My mw had trouble finding the babies because the one we could hear was my own yet to me it sounded exactly the same

Mariefairie Mon 04-May-15 15:27:04

Thank you for your reply. My own heart best clearly sounds slower and doppler says it's only 80 beats per minute. I did find mine twice before. But this is way faster so I am wodmering if that's the baby or could placenta sound like that.

Bue Mon 04-May-15 15:32:44

Yes that's the fetal heartbeat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now