Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Onions and garlic...OMG

(8 Posts)
24hourM0MMY Mon 04-May-15 04:19:58

I was a lover of both before this pregnancy, but now these two items I cannot be within 10 feet of. I smell onion and garlic everywhere, even in places impossible to have a smell, and it hits me right in the tummy and sends my nausea to level 10. What is wrong with me? Why do I smell it in my lounge, my bedroom. I cannot get rid of it. No anti-odour spray or any amount of cleaning is helping. Could it be just in my head??? Driving me bonkers.

brokencrayons Mon 04-May-15 07:08:29

Omg I could've written this!!!I couldn't go near my.husband or children after mealtimes because everything they ate seemed to have garlic or onion in it. I would wretch at the slightest hint!as I was so sick, I couldn't bare to cook anything so during this time my husband about microwave meals from Markies. EVERYTHIND had garlic in it! Even the Mac and cheese. I'm now nearly 11 weeks and the nausea is tailing off a bit, and im not hyper sensitive to smells anymore, thank gawd!

hestialou Mon 04-May-15 07:13:54

Last week the smell made me sick in work at lunchtime, by the evening I was craving it.

YouMakeMyHeartSmile Mon 04-May-15 07:22:00

I could also have written this. Am 31 weeks now and it's slightly better but has been horrific throughout both pregnancies. I have to make DH sleep facing away from me as be stinks of onion and garlic, even if he hasn't had any for days! It took me months to be able to eat spaghetti bolognese again after having DD!

anyagujraal Mon 04-May-15 11:46:48

Not only onion and garlic, any smell can make us to vomit during pregnancy. I too experienced the same situation, it was horrible during my first six weeks of pregnancy, now I am feeling better. Any suggestion for this would be greatly appreciated.

Holden10 Mon 04-May-15 17:16:33

I felt the same in the first stages! Now 36 weeks and back to normal thankfully

24hourM0MMY Mon 04-May-15 20:19:48

Nice to know I'm not the only one...honestly, smells are dictating my life right now and I hate it!!

bugoven Mon 04-May-15 20:36:30

I feel the same. OH is going out for a curry Friday and I know I'll be in tears if he tries to kiss me goodnight when he comes in. I can smell it on everyone's breath and everywhere too. I used to love garlic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now