Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tummy tub? Or Prince Lionheart Washpod?

(10 Posts)
boatrace30 Sat 02-May-15 16:39:07

Just debating whether to buy either of the above. Tummy tub has excellent reviews. But tempted by washpod:

www.johnlewis.com/store/prince-lionheart-washpod-baby-bath-clear/p1175779?navAction=jump&_requestid=12749663.

Mainly because I can get it from John Lewis and it's super easy for me to collect from local waitrose. Does anyone have experience of it?

Also - I have read that they are awkward for washing baby's hair and bottom - what do people think? Should I save the money and use the sink?!

avocadotoast Sat 02-May-15 16:49:30

It looks like a glorified bucket to me...

We've been looking at getting the Shnuggle bath, which is bigger and still has the support needed. Sink isn't an option for us because the bathroom sink is too little and the kitchen sink is in an awkward spot!

TheBakeryQueen Sat 02-May-15 17:17:59

All 3 of mine loved the tummy tub!

ItsADinosaur Sat 02-May-15 17:26:12

Sink then big bath.

We bought the folded baby bath but sink was easier. DS grew out the baby bath quite quickly.

aletea Sun 03-May-15 17:31:52

I really wouldn't waste your money.

boatrace30 Sun 03-May-15 22:17:47

Thanks all - think I'll definitely start off with the sink and see how we get on!

boatrace30 Sun 03-May-15 22:17:50

Thanks all - think I'll definitely start off with the sink and see how we get on!

StampyShortnose Sun 03-May-15 22:21:54

Both my kids were fine in the sink then the bath with me.

Purpleball Sun 03-May-15 22:21:55

I've been advised to get a bath mat for the big bath and lay baby on it in an inch of water. Apparently it's far easier because you don't have to hold a wet baby. It's also far cheaper too smile

Alanna1 Sun 03-May-15 22:23:17

If you have the money buy whatever you like. If you don't, this isn't essential. A bath seat is great and a cheapie bath from any of the supermarkets is fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now