Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else waiting for labour?

(13 Posts)
secondtimeprego Thu 30-Apr-15 08:03:14

I'm 38 weeks today with no. 2 and know labour could be imminent, or it could be weeks away. It's driving me crazy. Anyone else nearly due and struggling to ensure this waiting game?

jbee1979 Thu 30-Apr-15 08:23:26

Me sad 39+5 and going crazy. going to go back to sleep for a while to pass some time!!

Newlywed56 Thu 30-Apr-15 08:55:16

38+2 with our first and feel exactly the same! The waiting is awful!

Chickenfillets Thu 30-Apr-15 12:46:57

38+3 and feeling the same. Trying everything to bring labour on but nothing's working. Baby must just be too comfy in their. So so fed up sad

secondtimeprego Thu 30-Apr-15 13:41:24

I'm just so exhausted now. It's the not knowing when it's gonna happen that gets me though... I keep thinking all these little things are signs labour is coming! And I'm always wrong!

lizanne135 Thu 30-Apr-15 14:51:05

38+3 here with my first. Have days where I have no energy and literally need to lie down all day, and days like today where I've cleaned whole house, done laundry, ironing, been to town, made lunch + supper and made a cake too. Have good nights (where getting up 5 times for toilet is 'good'...) versus bad nights (last night, spent most of sitting on edge of the bed dealing with baby kicking me into contractions). But contractions are definitely not labour contractions, they are my 'irritated' uterus (midwife's words!!) reacting to very hard kicks from baby! Not expecting baby to show any time before ~20th may based on my calculations so a long way to go yet!

farmerswifey Thu 30-Apr-15 15:26:42

Yep! Due on the 12th with our 2nd, but I keep thinking labour is starting - it's probably just wishful thinking though...

Keeping DD1 (2.5) entertained is becoming increasingly tricky, especially as living out in the sticks, all of our usual activities are at least 10 miles away. Have rushed home early from playgroup twice now, only for things to stop as soon as we arrive in the house.

The worst part is knowing that although I have just 12 days until my due date, it could, theoretically, be another four weeks until I give birth - Grump!

avocadotoast Thu 30-Apr-15 15:52:43

37+5 with my first. Woke up last night around 4am with a period-like feeling and couldn't get back to sleep as managed to convince myself something was starting hmm took a fair bit of googling to get me to drift back off!

I'm hoping I still have a little time though as I'm still to write my birth plan...need to get on that!

D0nnaO Thu 30-Apr-15 22:03:13

39+4, getting really impatient sad

Fluffeh Fri 01-May-15 10:29:54

Due on May 12th with my 2nd and getting really impatient. That's not helped by spd that stops me sleeping/walking/moving and DD who is just turned 2 and doesn't nap anymore.
I keep hoping for labour and had lots of signs but nothing yet.
Last time I had an elcs and knew I only had 3 days left at this point so could see the end, this time it feels like it will never end.

Justyouwaitandsee Fri 01-May-15 10:43:17

Yup - I'm 40+3 with my first. Finished the nursery, restored an old chest of drawers, stocked the room with all the clothes/toys/equipment we already seem to have accumulated and desperately trying to resist the online shopping urge (the post women is currently getting daily progress updates as she hands over yet more parcels blush) am considering spending today washing my hair and painting my toenails - have spent weeks worrying that we wouldn't be ready, it does feel nice to finally feel we are there but just a case of seeing what plans baby has in store for us!

BreeVDKamp Fri 01-May-15 12:44:25

I'm 38+1 and getting a bit antsy now. I feel fine except for heartburn and tiredness. I have a midwife appt this afternoon and I know she is going to say the baby's head is still free. Not lost any plug or anything. Think I probably have 4 weeks of pregnancy left sad

I am just so jealous of everyone who has babies. Literally everyone in my area is pregnant. I was in a gift shop the other day and 100% of the customers had baby bumps!

Jenny1231990 Fri 01-May-15 14:20:44

I'm due 13th may, my daughter is one on Thursday and we've recently moved house, i would love for baby to arrive now but I'm trying to get 101 things done before she makes her appearance with very little energy.
Hope everyone is feeling brighter today x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now