Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

nub theory confused with 2 ultrasound pics!

(14 Posts)
Ljj1987 Mon 30-Mar-15 18:15:33

Hiya guys just wondering if any of you lovely people would be able to help me! I already have a beautiful boy and I'm pregnant again had my dating scan measured 13+1 and of course healthy is the number one priority however in my heart I would love a little girl to complete our family so I started looking up nub theory and on one pic you can see a boy looking nub aand on another one I see a girly looking nub. I just wondered if anyone could help me out thanks in advance sorry the pics are abit dark but my phones rubbish haha xxx

Ljj1987 Tue 31-Mar-15 07:37:30

Any guesses? Xx

blackwidow74 Tue 31-Mar-15 11:04:29

I would work with the 2nd pic and see a girly nub ... The first seems to be cutoff with no nub in the pic

Ljj1987 Tue 31-Mar-15 11:10:48

Thank you blackwidow I don't know I just have it in my head because my oh is one of 3 boys his dad the same and grandad is I'm gonna get all blue in my house! Do you think the peepee looking part of the 1st pic could possibly be cord? I know my pics aren't the beat but the little monkey wouldn't stay still during the scan and my camera on my phone is rubbish xx

Ljj1987 Tue 31-Mar-15 21:54:08

Any more guesses? Xxxx

blackwidow74 Tue 31-Mar-15 23:10:47

I got a pink after 3 boys and a whole load of thinking we never would get a daughter lol ... 37 weeks with dc6 and another pinkie making 4 boys 2 girls ... never give up hoping smile

Ljj1987 Tue 31-Mar-15 23:34:42

Ahh congratulations that's fab! I can't get the little peepee looking thing out my head though! I've never known anyone else have a boy and girl looking nub in 2 different pics haha! Although I have been really spotty and craving sweet things. The heartbeat is 150bpm too surely one of the old wives tales are true haha xx

Ljj1987 Wed 01-Apr-15 11:14:11

???? Xxxxx

Raines100 Wed 01-Apr-15 12:38:22

The pics are too blurry, I'm afraid. I can't see more than the usual, beautiful head + blob you normally see in 12 week scan pics. It's all so much clearer during the scan, and that's the time to look.
We didn't find out with my first, but my second was a (second) boy, and the nub was a very obvious 45 degree angle. With this baby, we weren't sure what to think because the sonographer didn't look at the angle at all. She guessed boy, as the nub was obvious, but she didn't do a side on view to check the angle. She just said she'd be surprised if it was a girl. Wish I could see her again because surprise, surprise... wink
I will say, two boys are amazing. Mine are best friends, and I would have had a third gladly. You can't lose.

Ljj1987 Wed 01-Apr-15 13:42:34

Thanks raines! I have some more pics if you would please have a look for me. Boys are ace and healthy is the priority but I was so close to my mum and my son is a daddy's boy haha xxx

Ljj1987 Wed 01-Apr-15 17:03:26

Come on there must be some nub experts out there :D xxx

Ljj1987 Fri 03-Apr-15 08:36:28

Bump �� really sorry to be annoying just would really appreciate some more answers re nub theory. It's gonna be my last pregnancy and maybe someone who has got a really good eye for nubs and knows a lot about skull theory can help im so damn impatient hehe ♡♡♡xx

Ljj1987 Sat 04-Apr-15 16:48:13

Xxxx

ffionaEC Tue 09-Jun-15 14:49:43

Hi - What are you having? have you found out yet? x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now