Advanced search

Help! Coping with early pregancy fatigue and a toddler!

(6 Posts)
Allstoppedup Wed 18-Feb-15 08:00:35

I'm 8 weeks pregnant with my second and am beyond exhausted. I feel like my eyes are closing against my will everytime I sit down and I can barely find the motivation to stand up.

I have a VERY active 14 month old who still wakes 3/4 times a night. He woke almost hourly last night, usually when he sleeps this badly he will go back to sleep after his morning BF til about half 8 but today he was wide awake from 6.

DP works fairly long hours but really does all he can to help when he is here so I feel awful complaining but I just don't know how I'm going to get through the day. sad

I haven't had an unbroken nights sleep since before DS was born but usually function fine on the sleep I get.

Theres no one who can help/watch him for an hour or so, any advice to get through today?

mrsdicaprio Wed 18-Feb-15 08:43:43

Hey Op. I'm 30 weeks with a 20 month old and the sickness and fatigue was just unbearable up until recently. I did get some energy back at around 25 weeks but up until then spend as much time as you can with family. Visit people so you can put your feet up. Nans and grandads. Parents and friends. Utilise TV sometimes or toys in the cot. Sleep when they sleep. Sleep as much as you can.
Sometimes I used to drive around until he fell asleep and then pull up at the park or somewhere like that and either lock the car and nap myself or just sit with a hot drink. You do get a bit desperate at times but it does get better I promise. The early weeks are the hardest. Do you have any friends that will take her off your hands for a few hours for a playdate?

Allstoppedup Wed 18-Feb-15 08:43:51

KeepSmiling83 Wed 18-Feb-15 08:47:20

Does he like the television?? I'm pregnant with DC2 and have a 3.5 year old DD. In the early weeks she watched far too much tv and it's creeping back up again now I'm in the last few weeks. I feel really guilty but am just so tired. Does your DS still nap? I recommend doing whatever you can to get through the days. Things will go back to normal in a few weeks and hopefully you'll feel much better!

Allstoppedup Wed 18-Feb-15 08:52:29

He's currently in his high chair in front of CBBeebies with a mountain of fruit and toast in front of him. I'm under a duvet on the sofa still in my p.j s feeling a bit pathetic and guilty too! Good to know I'm not alone in it though!

It usually doesn't keep him distracted for long though so need to think of my next move.

He usually naps quite well but yesterday he flat out refused to and instead ran around the bedroom trashing everything- and I felt too tired to even stop him!

Definitely lax parenting on my part at the moment!

fixuplooksharp Wed 18-Feb-15 11:30:18

Hey smile
I'm pretty much the same, I am 8 weeks too with my third. I work 3 days a week and struggle to keep my eyes open at the desk, I find my two boys are great on their own and play nicely and watch a bit of tv but when the eldest is home from school, different story, they run riot!!! Like you said, I haven't got the energy, it's so hard in the early stages as no one else knows. Glad your DP helps when he's home, my DH is the same, works alot but is great when he is home.
It was my day off yesterday and I forced myself into the hoovering, seriously it HAD to be done smile And actually my DS had a great time riding on the hoover while I pulled it along! haha!!
Sorry I haven't really offered any advice but sometimes it's nice to know it's not just you! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now