Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Dreams

(18 Posts)
Swanny84 Wed 18-Feb-15 03:04:54

Hi, thank you all in advance.
Just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to stop bad dreams from waking me up every night?
Totally random dreams, last night my ex kicked me in stomach so I woke up crying (he never hit me and been apart over 3 years).....today at my sisters new job (she hasn't got one) people were wanting to sew her eyes shut!
Really awful dreams...I finished work at 9 last night, had bath, hot chocolate and came to bed, no tv and was asleep by 11. I'm not overly stressed and pregnancy seems to be going well, I'm 17+2

EmberElftree Wed 18-Feb-15 04:26:29

Hi Swanny I think really vivid dreams are pretty normal in pregnancy terrible that yours are the scary ones though. It sounds like you're doing all the right things before you go to sleep no stimulants etc. I like to think up a story before I go to sleep and usually continue that into my dream. It then all changes of course through the night. Mine are mostly sexual dreams at the moment, I've been getting up to all sorts even had a filthy dream about Harry Styles blush who is actually young enough to be my son and Gordon Ramsey (yuk!) neither of whom I fancy in real life.

MissTwister Wed 18-Feb-15 07:17:57

I dreamt my baby was 7 weeks overdue as they'd dated it wrong and I had to have an emergency op but they couldn't find my husband. This is one of the nicer ones I've had!! I always had weird dreams anyway but they have got much worse

Swanny84 Wed 18-Feb-15 07:37:50

Thank you both, I'm actually jealous your having sexual dreams ha ha,
I've had a few were baby is in them but I'm doing everything wrong but they are getting worse. Oh the joys of pregnancy hmm

WorryWurta Wed 18-Feb-15 08:00:08

It might sound silly but try keeping your bedroom really cold - my DH swears by that to reduce bad dreams and I do find I helps, even in pregnancy.

happygojo Wed 18-Feb-15 08:39:04

I had a dream about someone with a rotating saw for a hand trying to kill me. I managed to unplug the saw and hide in my car until I woke up, this is when I woke up and took a preg test! I am now 15 weeks and last night I had a dream where I had my baby, but it was massive and I had no clothes for it or nappies and it could say words. I have had LOTS of sex dreams and a couple of dreams where my bf cheats on me.

Marmiteandjamislush Wed 18-Feb-15 08:43:21

I posted a dreams thread last night. More in line with Embers, only mine involve Freddy Mercury -- the mustache years! I was assured that odd dreams are totally normal. If they are scaring you this badly maybe mention it to the the MW, she may be able to suggest ways of stopping them, such as eating earlier or something.

SueV14 Wed 18-Feb-15 09:53:52

All psycho thriller dreams here with somebody chasing me, murder, me hiding, lots of weapons, shooting and even torture (although I do wake up when it gets close to that). Not watching any movies/series so can't imagine where this possibly comes from! And yes, I am very jealous of sexual dreams too! smile)

EmberElftree Wed 18-Feb-15 10:00:56

Maybe it's just me and Marmite then with the sexual dreams although I haven't had any involving the moustachioed one. Marmite I hope you haven't signed me up…

4.bp.blogspot.com/_1EDafL1qUqg/TFINZottGQI/AAAAAAAANRs/nD_6fSji504/s1600/Picture+61.png

rubberducky87 Wed 18-Feb-15 10:08:14

I had all sorts of dreams in my first and second trimester. Everything from random sex dreams, breastfeeding my cats, horrible nightmares about my baby dying. The bad ones stopped when I changed my bed routine. I started to have a shower about an hour before bed and drank some chamomile tea instead of anything with sugar or dairy. Maybe try that? Those dreams are awful though hun, I know exactly what it's like! thanks

Pigriver Wed 18-Feb-15 11:17:17

Last night I was totally convinced my DH elbowed me in the face in his sleep so I pushed him really aggressively and shouted at him. I then woke up to him sat staring at me in disbelief. Yes he was fast asleep and completely clueless sad
I do have form for crazy dreams pregnancy or not!

Swanny84 Wed 18-Feb-15 14:18:22

Thank you all, I'm going to monitor my routine. I work shifts but as a rule I don't eat after 6 unless hubby is home (once a fortnight at moment), I woke in tears the one with my ex kicking my bump and couldn't settle at all. I have been having them for about 3 weeks but getting worse....might have to try google some fit men see if I have sweeter dreams xx

PurpleStripedSock Wed 18-Feb-15 14:23:36

I had wild dreams when pregnant last time. Freaky sexual dreams, scary baby torture dreams, waking up with heart racing all action terrifying dreams. I don't think you can really stop them, they seem linked to the hormones and your subconcious fears ganging up on you in the middle of the night.

Swanny84 Wed 18-Feb-15 14:58:38

22 weeks and 5 days left to perfect the zombie look when we're actually awake for a reason (baby) hope they stop soon xx

HettyB Wed 18-Feb-15 17:46:58

You have my sympathies. I'm only 6+5 but the crazy dreams have started already. Usually two to three per night that's wake me up - worst one so far this week was discovering a murdered man's dismembered body in a toilet cubicle.

I've always have fairly vivid dreams but pregnancy has taken them to another level. I'm not sure how DP is going to cope for another 34+ weeks, he's already complaining of no sleep due to me tossing and turning at night confused

Marmiteandjamislush Wed 18-Feb-15 17:56:34

Haha Ember! grin

Swanny84 Wed 18-Feb-15 19:50:03

Bless you hetty, they aren't nice at all. flowers

ghostspirit Wed 18-Feb-15 19:53:17

i have odd dreams. i had a dream i gave birth to a leg. it was a very nice perfect leg i was pushing it about in a pram and i was so so happy. until i found out people were talking about me and my leg behind my back!!!....

and i had a dream i gave birth in an asylum and they were doing all theses mad tests on me and they put breathing mask on me so tight my face blew up and almost exploded.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: