Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Bleeding 32 weeks

(7 Posts)
flippityflip Tue 17-Feb-15 10:19:17

Ok so I have had spotting on and off for a couple of weeks but more constantly on the last week.Have been in and out of EOU when it started,on a day when I had a lot if dizziness and tiredness at the same time and when it was heavier or had pain (all on advice of midwives who have been great about checking things out.)
This is my third pregnancy and I've never experienced it before but was happy enough that they were content nothing serious was wrong and were being very thorough. Then yesterday in work I went to the bathroom and once I had stood up to flush had a sudden urge that needed to go again (like the pushing feeling in labour but not sore) but when sat down had a gush of blood instead. I did double check it was definitely coming from the front and soaked a was of toilet paper in blood too,and noticed clots like in period blood too. I totally panicked cleaned up went back to desk told boss I had to go and headed home to get my notes. Originally midwife said she was happy for me to stay at home and keep an eye as it had stopped as abruptly as it started but to be honest I was so freaked out I started to cry and I think she took pity on me a and told me to come up and they'd check me out.Again they were very thorough but didn't find any cause,I'm really starting to worry they think it's in my head!!
Has anyone else experienced this?Did you find out what it was? They have ruled out preeclampsia,low lying placenta and there is no sign of cervical erosion or contusions on the cervix,my cervix is closed and there is no sign of clots in the womb on scans.I am totally happy that they are doing all they can but I just can't get my head around it.
My only other symptoms are cramping on and off (not excruciating just uncomfortable and no regular or discernible pattern. Dizziness that comes on very suddenly not related to when I've eaten or whether I'm standing or sitting,breathlessness and tiredness. All of the above are just symptoms I have had at this stage of pregnancy before and just feel like normal pregnancy things but the bleeding has really scared me!confused
Really grateful if anyone has any advice or has been through this. I have taken today off work in case I have another significant episode at which point they have said they will admit me,but to be honest I don't know what to be at.Other than being advised to takeit easy which is par for the course in pregnancy it's not as though they can advise me to do/not do things if they have no idea why it's happening.

flippityflip Tue 17-Feb-15 10:19:46

Sorry that was so long but thought best to give full picture!

flippityflip Tue 17-Feb-15 11:50:19

bump

TeaandHobnobs Tue 17-Feb-15 13:54:35

flippity I had this at 29 weeks in my first pregnancy - sudden bleeding that came out of nowhere. The hospital couldn't find a reason for it - "unexplained bleeding in pregnancy" they said. I had about 4 or 5 significant bleeds over a 3 week period.
If the bleeding is reasonably minimal, you are best to stay at home and rest for now, but call the hospital straightaway if you have another episode. The problem with bleeding longer term is that it can irritate the uterus into contracting, and kick labour off - in which case, you should be given steroids to help mature the baby's lungs. I was given steroids when I first went in at 29 weeks, and DS arrived at 31+5.
Keep an eye on the cramping, for any pattern - my labour started off as mild-ish period cramps for 2 days, but exactly 10 mins apart.
If you have any worries, please call the hospital!

flippityflip Tue 17-Feb-15 15:25:37

Thankyou teaandhobnobs! Was everything ok with your DS?I completely panicked yesterday,it was such a shock and I just kept thinking baby's far too little to come now.
they did say that if I have another significant bleed they'd admit me for observation and mentioned steroids.Just hoping little one hangs on at least a few weeks longer!xx

TeaandHobnobs Tue 17-Feb-15 16:52:58

DS has been absolutely fine. He was a little on the small side to start with (born 2.13kg), but was caught up weight-wise within 6 months, and apart from being a bit slow to sit/crawl/walk at first, he has had no lasting problems at all - and is now a very energetic and chatty nearly 3 year old!

Babies born at 32 weeks+ have a very good prognosis, especially if you get the steroids in advance.

Hope baby keeps hanging in there a bit longer though smile thanks

flippityflip Tue 17-Feb-15 21:17:43

Thankyou for your messages,that ha reassured me a good bit. Had a lot of cramping today,very mild but regularly coming and going,I actually got to the stage of timing them to see how regular they were but after a couple of hours they stopped again.I was pretty certain they were false labour because they were so mild and didn't get any more intense,but will be keeping an eye on them.
No more bleeding today though!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: