Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

18 weeks pregnant can't recognise baby movement

(4 Posts)
Shasha123 Mon 16-Feb-15 22:29:06

I was 18 weeks yesterday and suddenly started feeling fluttering in the chest, I was surprised and wondered if that's the baby movement as I have been reading how it feels like but didn't know where it feels. Felt the fluttering in the chest for couple of times. Later I felt something like poking from inside the tummy below the navel. I felt that couple of times sometimes soft and sometimes little bit hard poke that would surprise me a bit. And today again I felt the poking few times after shower. Is that my baby moving if so what was the fluttering the in the chest?

kilmuir Mon 16-Feb-15 22:30:05

fluttering is how it was described to be

Fattycow Mon 16-Feb-15 22:43:08

Your womb is not yet up to your chest at 18 weeks, but around your belly button.

Swanny84 Mon 16-Feb-15 22:57:23

I think it feels like fluttering/tickling from the inside of your tummy. Not in your chest tho, more towards bottom of stomach. Maybe your having anxiety/panic in your chest.
The proding near naval is more likely to be baby esp in the bath my baby loves bath smile congratulations

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: