Talk

Advanced search

Newly pregnant and don't know how to feel

(10 Posts)
jegular Mon 16-Feb-15 19:55:11

Hi girls! New to all this smile I am 8 weeks pregnant and struggling alot with all day morning sickness.im going to work and all the goods I have been negating for the past three years I'm needing to eat. What is strange is that I'm so nervous.. It came as a shock to us both..honeymoon and I think as we haven't told anyone yet i feel quite alone.suffering in silence but feel guilty as I should feel happy.. Be great to hear advice.

Rebecca1608 Mon 16-Feb-15 21:01:08

First of all massive congratulations! smile very exciting news. Don't worry about being nervous it's natural, I don't know whether it's your first but I'm 21 weeks almost and still nervous. I wouldn't worry too much about what you're eating atm If you're struggling with sickness eat what you can keep down. I was eating sandwiches at like 7am somedays (which didn't last) lol. I found ginger biscuits helped a lot also flat lemonade, which also kept my sugars up. Rest when you can. There's always GPs or your midwife if you feel really crappy. Don't feel on your own either, even if you chat on here. It'll make you feel better! flowers

jegular Tue 17-Feb-15 18:15:52

Thanks Rebecca nice to know.i thnk just life flashing before my eyes a bit and my husband and I are in the state of flux by wondering whether to stay in London or move out where we can get more for our money. What a game changer this is! Nice to hear everything I'm feelin is normal-i hope that once we tell people We won feel as lonely!all our friends are worrying something isn't right as I'm not drinking and constantly ill. So it does get better? When did it sink in for you?after the first scan? Xx

fattymcfatfat Tue 17-Feb-15 18:56:25

it doesnt sink in grin im on number 3 17+6 and it still doesn't feel real even though ive had the scan heard the hb and felt movement. with my first it sunk in pretty damn quickly when I realised there really was a baby coming out of my foof

Zebrasinpyjamas Tue 17-Feb-15 19:13:45

I didn't ever have a "it's real" moment. It came in stages-each scan, finding out the gender, him appearing (even that is a bit hazy after the pain meds), choosing a name etc. even now I look at my8 month old and just think wow how did that happen grin

Don't worry about your emotions being "right". It's such a big thing it takes a while to process. I just thought about the next appointment/scan each time which is a more manageable chunk of time.

RhiannonElward Tue 17-Feb-15 19:14:43

I think anyone who isn't a bit thrown by pregnancy whether planned or not, is not thinking about it enough! It's a massive thing, completely wonderful, but it's a huge life-changing responsibility to take on. Congratulations and I hope you enjoy the next phase of your life wherever you'll be living and whoever you little one turns out to be smile

jegular Wed 18-Feb-15 11:25:11

Thanks girls nice to know I'm not alone.felt same when I got married,like it wasn't real! Congrats to you all on your pregnancies and children,any advice would be hugely appreciated!take care smile

MyInstaCare Wed 18-Feb-15 16:36:22

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Noseyvalentine Wed 18-Feb-15 16:44:03

Myinstaspam more like. Sod off. Op, i too think that anyone who isn't phased just isn't thinking straight! It's an enormous thing, but once there here you'll not be able to imagine life without them. Good luck with it all x

mamaneedsamojito Wed 18-Feb-15 16:46:10

I was similar to this when I first got Pg. We were actively trying and it happened in the first month so although I was really glad it happened so quickly I was in major shock for a good few weeks. I basically went into shutdown mode, slept loads, cried loads and panicked a lot. Looking back, I'm sure it was at least 50% hormones. Things completely changed for me after my first scan at 12 weeks; I saw this little wiggly thing inside me and was absolutely high as a kite for the whole of the next week. Seeing him made it real and suddenly my maternal instinct kicked in and all my worries disappeared. My little fella is now approaching his first birthday and I can honestly say although my life is completely transformed, being a mummy has been the most amazing challenge and joy. Some days (many days) are bloody hard work but I'd die for my little boy and I miss him like mad when we're apart. Giving birth to him still makes me feel like a superhero and if finances and sleep deprivation allowed I'd get pregnant again tomorrow. You WILL be fine, it's just a big change to get your head around at first.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: