Advanced search

Carpal Tunnel syndrome

(4 Posts)
sleepybee Mon 16-Feb-15 19:44:29

I think I have started to develop this over past week had pain numbness from elbow down in right arm today had no strength in this arm & hand particularly the last 3 fingers & thumb area. Do I need to let my midwife know? I don't there's much that can be done though... Anyone else suffering?

Foggymist Mon 16-Feb-15 20:14:38

I have it, if your middle 3 fingers are affected it's Carpal Tunnel, if you're baby finger is affected too it might not be, it might be just bad swelling. Tell your gp/midwife and you can get splints for it, I got them recently from the physio and they made a world of difference.

CBo79 Mon 16-Feb-15 20:25:20

Yup, sounds like CTS. I got referred to a very helpful physio. Who established it isn't CTS (she's not sure what it is) but gave me exercises to do and a day and night splint. Get it referred now though - I was very lucky in getting a cancellation that same day of calling, otherwise wait could have been four months! Good luck and much sympathy. Don't know how pregnancy related mine is but the pain is bad enough to keep me up at night, so I'd get yourself sorted asap xx

CBo79 Mon 16-Feb-15 20:25:56

Lol I meant four weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now