Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Bleeding in pregnancy

(5 Posts)
Hovis15 Mon 16-Feb-15 16:08:57

Hi, I recently had a miscarriage (October) and I am currently pregnant again. I am now 9 weeks but have been experiencing bleeding since week 7, this was the same stage as my previous miscarriage. I have been given a early scan and they said they couldn't see any problems but I am worried that I am still bleeding. I am going the midwife for my booking appointment this week but I am so scared something will be wrong with the baby. I have read that it can be normal to bleed but think I can't relax due to the previous miscarriage. Can anyone offer any help/advice? Thanks

leanne963 Mon 16-Feb-15 16:14:41

I am so sorry about your previous loss, your story is very similar to mine! I MC in June then fell pregnanct again in September! I had spotting throughout, and had had patches of bleeding til about 18 weeks. But everythibg was fine and I just had a sensitive cervix! If you have had scans and everything looked fine then that is really good smile

Notamumyet81 Mon 16-Feb-15 16:39:48

Snap! I also had a miscarriage in October, at 11 weeks and 2 days. I'm now 11 weeks and 2 days again and this time had continuous spotting between weeks 6-9. Nothing major, but discoloured discharge every time I wiped ranging from light brown, salmon pink, and even red a couple of times. Early scans at 6.5 and 8.5 weeks showed heartbeats and good growth and no sign of bleeding around the pregnancy. The hospital said some women just bleed. I think it might be coming from the cervix and I wonder if thesis more common after a miscarriage - my cervix was certainly poked around a lot back in October, followed by an ERPC.

Anyway, it's a worrying time and a very long three months. Just try to take it easy and think positive thoughts.

I'm FINALLY getting closer to the 12 week scan, but very worried again as I caught a bug over the weekend and spent 18 hours yesterday vomiting and with diarrhoea. sad Ended up at the hospital last night who said its viral gastroenteritis and should clear up soon. I just hope the fetus is still alive in there ... Sorry, off topic, but if it's not one thing it's another!

Good luck with everything smile

Hovis15 Mon 16-Feb-15 18:40:43

Thanks for all your advice. I hope everything is ok but just finding it difficult to enjoy and relax as constantly thinking about it. Got my 12 week scan in March which seems like a lifetime away at the moment!! Hopefully midwife will help on wed!! Thanks again for your advice. smile

Onsera3 Mon 16-Feb-15 18:43:55

I have had bleeding with this second pregnancy. It was around the 6-8 week mark. 10 weeks now and have a couple of clear weeks!

Hard not to feel nervous though. I wish you the best for your pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: