Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Period pains at 39 weeks

(5 Posts)
Primaryteach87 Mon 16-Feb-15 11:39:35

After some advice (yes, yes I know I should and will ring my midwife but after your experiences too).

I keep having several hours of quite bad 'period pains'. Once this has been accompanied by contractions but more often just the pain. Is this normal?!

Threesoundslikealot Mon 16-Feb-15 13:06:16

Completely normal and a really good sign that things are coming along! Period pains are uterine pain every month, and it means that your body is starting to warm up for labour.

First baby I had some period pains a few days before I went into labour but they were pretty weak. Second baby I had quite a lot of cramps in the days leading up to labour. Your midwife will be very reassuring I'm sure.

Also be aware that many women take contractions for 'bad' period pains, sometimes quite a long way into labour. Don't think that contractions are completely different things. Both my labours have featured contractions that are basically ramped up period pains.

Christelle2207 Mon 16-Feb-15 13:11:19

Sounds exciting. My labour started like this and after a while the pains started synching with the contractions. Best of luck x

Dogsmom Mon 16-Feb-15 14:16:19

Sounds exactly like my first labour, keep us updated smile

Primaryteach87 Tue 17-Feb-15 00:35:09

Nothing more, just recurring pain a few time throughout the day... But midwife said it was all normal and not to worry. She wouldn't be drawn on how soon dc would make his appearance....said it could be hours or weeks. Really hoping he comes soon! I'm desperate! Thanks ladies.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: