Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

I just saw my baby for the very first time....

(9 Posts)
ImpatiencePersonified Sun 15-Feb-15 16:08:31

It was amazing.

I thought I was just over 8 weeks and the scan puts me back a week but the heartbeat was very strong and the sonographer was chuffed with everything.

I had been panicking that something was up because I have very few symptoms, but there was fidget... Heart pumping away happy as a pig in shit!

I just can't believe there's an actual person in there. What a bastard miracle!

Many many wows

ClariceBeanthatsme Sun 15-Feb-15 16:14:40

It's amazing isn't it. We had our 12 week scan last week and even though it's dc3 it still kind of takes your breath away when you see it there kicking away on the screen.
Congratulations smile

ImpatiencePersonified Sun 15-Feb-15 16:16:44

I still can't quite believe it.

Thank you! :D

batfish Sun 15-Feb-15 18:39:09

Ahh congrats impatience, it's incredible isn't it. I had a scan a few days ago at only 5 weeks 5 days and expected to see a sac if I was lucky and then suddenly there was a heartbeat! Couldn't believe it either!

Next scan will be at 9 weeks and I just want to fast forward to that one as if everything is still looking OK then I will be so relieved as the risks will be so much lower than now. Currently 6+2 and counting!

m33r Sun 15-Feb-15 18:44:53

Just amazing isn't it!! Congrats!!

ImpatiencePersonified Sun 15-Feb-15 18:48:10

It's amazing... A person, in my actual lady larder.

shakes head

Mental

sbear22 Mon 16-Feb-15 08:39:48

I love this post more that I can put into words. You have nailed it. All the congrats! On the brilliant post and on the new womb resident!

ImpatiencePersonified Mon 16-Feb-15 09:12:50

Hah!

It's the next day and I'm still shaking my head in wonder.

Two heartbeats in my body...

I LOVE IT!

ImpatiencePersonified Mon 16-Feb-15 09:14:08

And thank you everyone xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: