Advanced search

GP or not?

(6 Posts)
GherkinMuncher Sun 15-Feb-15 15:54:22

I'm 31+5 pregnant.
Started feeling ill Thursday morning at work went home early in the afternoon. Straight to bed.
Been in bed pretty much since.
Hot and cold, temp peaking at 39.4 controlled with paracetamol for four hours. Feeling absolutely dreadful for the hour before I could take it and the hour it takes to kick in.
Poor appetite.
Went without paracetamol yesterday morning as feeling a bit better, but by 3pm temp was up 38.7 so I'm back on it.
Started with quite nasty chesty cough today bringing up green phlegm.
Shall I try and make a gp appointment in the morning? I know there is little they can do with colds and flu, but I'm a little worried about the time I've been on paracetamol. I obviously don't want to waste their time as I know how pushed services are. I am feeling better overall. Been up for a few hours today, but now back in bed as I'm cold again.

Izzy24 Sun 15-Feb-15 15:55:58

Baby moving around ?

GherkinMuncher Sun 15-Feb-15 15:57:26

Yep. No issues with that!!

Izzy24 Sun 15-Feb-15 16:05:44

I wouldn't be concerned about the paracetamol as its important to keep your temperature under control.

See how you feel tomorrow. GP may consider antibiotics if they feel you have a chest infection.

In the meantime rest and plenty of fluids. Hope you're on the mend soon.

GherkinMuncher Sun 15-Feb-15 16:09:42

Ok thanks. Need to have made a decision by 08:00 when the appointment line is open. I've got Glastonbury tickets easier than a gp appointment at times!

WorryWurta Sun 15-Feb-15 16:54:38

It's almost certainly nothing to worry about, but I would definitely go to the GP just to be sure. But then I'm probably the reason nobody can get appointments grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now