Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Large size underwired nursing bras

(14 Posts)
Happilymarried155 Sat 14-Feb-15 20:53:17

Just wondered if anyone knew where I can get underwired nursing bra's in large sizes? I hate the non wired ones but I can't find any others!

Whatabout Sat 14-Feb-15 21:02:01

I don't think they exist, I've never seen a wired one as they say they are not great during pregnancy and feeding. Bravissimo might be helpful?

ScottishDiblet Sat 14-Feb-15 21:04:52

Try They have a selection.

dementedpixie Sat 14-Feb-15 21:05:11

underwired nursing bras do exist. have you measured properly so you know your correct size?

Whatabout Sat 14-Feb-15 21:05:34

Seraphine and Jojo have some but not very large.

dementedpixie Sat 14-Feb-15 21:08:20

hotmilk sell them I think

Gunpowder Sat 14-Feb-15 21:21:11

nursing bra shop are good. I like the Anita ones best (am 32G) but Dsis has properly big boobs smile and she found underwired ones from there that fitted brilliantly. I think was better than Bravissimo.

Gunpowder Sat 14-Feb-15 21:24:51

Oh, and underwired maternity/nursing bras are fine as long as you make sure they are the right size. The underwiring has to be flush to your ribcage and not cut into any breast tissue. smile

GoogleyEyes Sat 14-Feb-15 21:28:22

Bras4mums had some, plus excellent advice, but that was a couple of years ago now.

Allthenamesareusedup Sat 14-Feb-15 21:35:50

I asked on AIBU a while back, and some genius told me to buy converter clips on ebay and take my bras to a seamstress. Cost me £12 total to adjust one of my normal bras to a nursing one. It worked perfectly.

faceremovinghaircream Sat 14-Feb-15 21:45:45

I found Elomi do great nursing bras, underwired. Around the £30 mark but very well made and comfortable.

HazleNutt Sun 15-Feb-15 07:46:02

I always recommend converting. There are very limited number of underwired nursing bras in large sizes, and they are horribly expensive. (also careful when ordering the Anita Underwired - it has different sizing system and cups are smaller than you would think).

Converting is dead easy though and you can simply buy normal bras, way easier to find bargains as well. I even converted a lovely Fauve bra last time - much better support than any nursing bra will offer.

HarimadSol Sun 15-Feb-15 08:00:46

I have a Freya Pure in 30FF and I love it. You can get them from Ample Bosom. Make sure you know your correct size. I went to Bravissimo to be fitted first, but didn't like any of their nursing bras.

domesticslattern Sun 15-Feb-15 08:09:50

Bravissimo refuse on principle to sell under wired nursing bras. I complain in their book every time I go in.<helpfull>

The Anita ones are great - really life changing to not have to slump around with back pain and tits around your middle for several years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now