Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Should I or shouldn't I??!!

(4 Posts)
42andunsure Fri 13-Feb-15 17:56:26

Hi everyone, first time on here so bear with me but really need to talk to someone. I am 42 and have 2 children (young adults really) who are 24 and 18. I am in a relationship of 1 year, we are engaged to be married next year and I am the happiest I have ever been. We have been talking about having a baby but for some reason the thought of it worries me a great deal. I worry that our world as we know it will change which it will but what if it's not for the better? I worry about the birth as in giving birth. I worry that I might not cope as after all my youngest is 18 and so I have been selfish and free from some time now. By the same token I know that everyone around us would be thrilled and we would have more than plenty support. I am confused with it all. Heeeeeelp please.

ImpatiencePersonified Fri 13-Feb-15 19:50:48

Oh my darling, no one can tell you what is right for you except you but whatever your choice you will probably never be 100% sure you're doing the right thing.
Be very honest, about every feeling with your partner and talk it all through. You'll get to a place where you both feel comfy x x

Cornberry Fri 13-Feb-15 19:53:54

Agree with impatiencepersonnified but would add that you should probably only consider having a baby if you feel sure it's really what you want. Good luck x

Reekypear Fri 13-Feb-15 19:59:48

I don't think saying 'selfish and free' is a healthy perspective, you have brought up your children, you are still a parent. Being free of a baby is not being selfish,

I am the same age, nothing would induce me to go back to early baby days.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: