Advanced search

Any experience of slapped cheek exposure?

(10 Posts)
GotToBeInItToWinIt Fri 13-Feb-15 12:45:58

I'm 19 weeks pregnant and it looks likely that DD has slapped cheek syndrome. My mum doesn't recall me ever having had it but you can have it without symptoms so still a possibility I'm immune. Had blood tests this morning to check my immunity and will get the results on Wednesday. Has anyone got any experience of this? I'm a panicker (and a googler) which doesn't help!

ChocolateBiscuitCake Fri 13-Feb-15 12:51:15

I have been exposed this pregnancy and blood tests came back all clear. The majority of the adult population has been exposed so don't panic.

Good luck

stargirl1701 Fri 13-Feb-15 12:54:50

Yes, I was exposed in my last oh as DD1 had it. My blood results showed I was immune.

iwantkhaleesiseyebrows Fri 13-Feb-15 13:23:30

Yes it was going round my DD's nursery when I was 14 weeks pregnant. My mum said she never recalled me having slapped cheek as a child but my blood results came back that I was immune. I think most people are so don't panic. Even if you're not I was reassured by my midwives that in most cases it's not problematic and they will give extra scans. In absolute worst case scenario the baby may become anaemic but even then they can give blood transfusions in utero.

Swanny84 Fri 13-Feb-15 13:36:09

I was exposed in my last pregnancy and tested positive. Had to be scanned every week from 19-30 weeks to monitor babies blood/heart. Thankfully my dd was born healthy. Best wait until you have results back before you worry, easier said than done I know. Good luck x

codandchipstwice Fri 13-Feb-15 13:38:27

Again exposed at 19 weeks as ds had it, came back immune as dsm didn't know if I had it as a child, no probs at all

GotToBeInItToWinIt Fri 13-Feb-15 17:15:16

Thanks all, I know there's nothing I can do trying not to worry until I get the results of the bloods!

Allthenamesareusedup Fri 13-Feb-15 18:44:16

Ds had it when I was 20wks. Horrid waiting, but got all clear. Fingers crossed you will too.

RhiannonElward Sun 15-Feb-15 14:32:43

My son has had a rash over the weekend which looks like slapped cheek, and my daughter has had a fever nd all the symptoms of the virus, too early for the rash yet though. I am only just over 5 weeks, am I safe because my placenta isn't doing it's job yet? My plan is to see my gp tomorrow morning, but if anyone can help relieve the worry, I'd be very grateful.

BelleStar Sun 15-Feb-15 18:38:40

I was exposed at about 14 weeks pg. Blood tested. Not immune. Had to return 3 weeks later for more bloods. All clear! I didn't catch it from dniece who I saw almost daily! Phew. Not immune doesn't mean you'll def catch it. Will be thinking of you as I know how horrible the wait is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now